User and groups in TEMPO

shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

NOw this looks difficult proposition to me. Can someone answer. I have JIR A5.0/6 enterprise version and evaluating tempo trial version.

THis is about the timesheet functionality that exists already in our in-house system. Was wondering if I can set up and configure tempo accordingly.

My Timesheet can go to my supervisor and supervisor's timesheet goes to his supervisor. There is prior reporting reporting relationship set between the 3 of us. And so when I submit my Timesheet I do not have to select the supervisor. Same goes for the next level. Most importantly I cannot approve my own timesheet!

NOw in Tempo, as I understood, both the supervisors will have to be added in a group. The group has to be made part of Tempo Admin so as to allow them to approve Timesheets but exactly whose tiemsheets they can approve is not possible to set!!

Again when I have to do get approval I have to select from the list of approvers(tempo admins) in the group and submit to any of them. This liberty of selecting one's own approver is not desirable here. ALso I must not be able to approve my own timesheet. This is basic maker -checker rrule.

Can someone help me understand the intent of such a design in Tempo or can we mimic my requirements in it. If so how. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Claus January 9, 2013

Hi,

you mentioned some important features like

Workload schemes, More flexible reports, Permissions management

http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/five-reasons-to-look-forward-to-7-5/

Especially Permissions Management is a big concern.

Will it be possible to hide all Work Log from Project Roles like Customer? That means any status information (right side) or WorkLog Tab bellow Issue ...

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Tempo 7.5 will not address further on project roles but that is on our backlog for 7.x. The plan is to be able to configure to project roles the access to Tempo modules. However, some of the modules you mentioned are not part of Tempo so we can not control access to those (Time Tracking Panel, Worklogs Tabs). Once we have complete project role configuration we might consider providing you with custom versions of those modules that would be configurable so that you could hide the stock modules instead.

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2012

Hi

Any user that is a member in a JIRA group selected in Tempo users and groups configuration can view own Tempo Timesheet.

Members in Tempo admin group can view timesheets owned by users in the connected Tempo user group.http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Users+and+Groups

If the Timesheet Approval Process is enabled in Tempo all members in Tempo admin group(s) can approve all timesheets owned by members in Tempo user group, including own if admin is also a member in the user group.http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Timesheet+Approval+Process

We are aware of the fact that user as an admin can approve own timesheet and we will be introducing improvements in the Timesheet Approval Process in 2013. We will also take into count an option to block users selecting own approvers.

Hope the above answers your question
Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support
shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

Can we get to see the list of improvements in the 2013 release.

By when in 2013 can we expect them.

I have proposed buying Tempo to my oraganisation and the release features and target date are important to decide on my proposition.

Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

A list of improvements is not available and it is hard to say when all these imporvements are done. Tempo 7.5 is due in late January and it will include some Enterprise improvements. Our goal is to complete this in mid year 2013.

You might want to contact Tempo management for further information on dates. You can do that from our user voice system and select Sales Question in the Type field. http://www.tempoplugin.com/contact-support/

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events