SQL for Confluence Plugin - Questions

Ed Schriger August 12, 2014

Hi - these are questions about the Bob Swift SQL for Confluence Plugin

1. Does this plugin work with Confluence on Demand?
  2. We are looking for a plugin that we can use to embed SQL queries to an external Oracle database within a wiki page. The idea being we can use the wiki page as a dynamic report. If we can build charts and graphs off the results - that would be gravy.
  3. If we're on the right track with this plugin, what are the setup requirements? How do I get to my secure Oracle database on my internal network from a wiki page hosted by Attlassian?

We've yet to find a plugin for Confluence on Demand that does this.

Can you help?

4 answers

2 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

This plugin is not available for OnDemand and I don't think there are any other plugins for OnDemand on the marketplace that can provide this functionality.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Bhushan's answer is correct, but there are other options to consider.

1. No not currently, but please vote for SQL-243
  2. This is a standard use case for SQL for Confluence , including using the data in charts.
  3. Behind the firewall access would be an issue even with with OnDemand support

However there is an alternative that provides a level of reporting capability that may be sufficient for many purposes. See How to publish SQL queries to OnDemand.

0 votes
Ed Schriger October 29, 2014

What happened to SQL-243.

No longer visible.

0 votes
Ed Schriger August 18, 2014

I guess the answer then is until SQL-243 is a product, we're hosed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events