Resource Load only works with default Issue Types

Carlos Faganello June 5, 2014

Hi,

does the resource load functionality (https://greffon.atlassian.net/wiki/display/F53/Resource+Load) only work with default Jira Issue Types?

I'm doing some tests and I realized that the resource load inspector only considers the estimates and logged work for Issue Types that are default on Jira. We use a few customized Issue Types here, and apparently the resource load inspector on FOLIO does not take the estimates and logged work for these Issues into account.

Is that right?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

2 answers

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

I think it should handle all issue types. Couple things to check:

1. While you are doing configuration, make sure you do not exclude any issue types via filters
  2. Do a full reindex after installing this in JIRA and check again

Carlos Faganello June 6, 2014

Mehmet,

the scope I'm using is a project, so I'm not excluding any Issue Types.

I've tried reindexing, but it didn't change anything.

Cheers,

Carlos

0 votes
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Hi Carlos,

FOLIO should be issue type "agnostic" when computing the resource load stats.
The resource load is based on the JIRA Saved filter of your folio that defines its scope.
So basically folio retrieves all issues of the JIRA saved filter and gather the estimates information. No logic is done at the issue type level.

You may want to verify that your folio's scope is aiming at the right issue set.
You can do this or

1. By clicking on the scope link in the summary section of your folio's overview
    You should be redirected to the issue navigator where you can verify the issue list
  2. By accessing the "Scope Inspector" in the Costs / Planned section
    You should see your scope broke down by issue types.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
JC

Carlos Faganello June 6, 2014

JC,

the scope I'm using is a project, so I'm not excluding any Issue Types.

Actually, I'm only having this problem with the Resource Load screen, everywhere else, the custom issue types work just fine.

• The Scope Inspector in the Costs/Planned section shows the breakdown by issue correctly.
  • The costs in the Costs/Actual section calculate the costs based on the work logged in every Issue correctly.
  • Even in the Team Member view, by clicking on a Team Member and scrolling to the Worked Hours section, the Reg. Hours display the hours logged for every issue type correctly.

Cheers,

Carlos

Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2014

Hi Carlos,

I will investigate further. I have logged an issue in our backlog (FOLIO-437)
I will update this thread as soon as I have more info.

Cheers,
JC

Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2014

Hi Carlos,

I have tested FOLIO with a couple of custom issue types and sub-types.
My resource load column is showing as expected. You can have a look at FOLIO-437

I cannot explain why you do not see them... Are your custom type issues assigned?
Would it be possible for you to add a bit more information directly on FOLIO-437 and provide some screenshots it would be very useful.

Cheers,
JC

Carlos Faganello September 25, 2014

JC, Sorry for the late follow up. We had just ignored the Resource Load until now, but we are now taking another look at it. Not that it makes much sense to us, but we seem to have found the problem. Apparently, the Resource Load doesn't seem to take into account Issue Types in which the "Resolution" field is hidden in JIRA Administration > Issues > Field Configuration. Is that right or are we missing something? Thanks, Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events