License Upgrade

rbtaylorva August 6, 2013

I upgraded for 100 licenses to 500 Commercial and get the following error on License Status.

Version: 5.5.4
Developer: Bob Swift Software, LLC
Add-on key: org.swift.confluence.table
License details: 500-user commercial license, Standard, expires Aug 05, 2015
License status: Incompatible with product license (wrong type)
License SEN: SEN-2341442
License key: AAABMA0ODA...

3 answers

1 vote
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

YOu need to also upgrade your license with Bob Swift as plugin licenses must always match your tool license. THat is the same problem you are having in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/198486/team-calendar-license-upgrade

The licensing FAQ for Team calendars calls thast out:

This also means if the Confluence license is upgraded then the Team Calendars license will require upgrading to be compatible with the upgraded Confluence license.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/team-calendars#downloadlicenses-5

rbtaylorva August 6, 2013

I understand that I need to uprgade Confluence to allow for the Team Calendar plugin to work correctly.

1. Upupgraded Confleucne to 500 Users.

Organisation Time Warner Cable
Date Purchased Aug 05, 2013
License Type Confluence: Commercial Server
Licensed Users 500 (100 signed up currently)
<form action="https://atlport.oss.rr.com/conf/admin/refreshlicensing.action" method="GET" name="refreshform">

<input id="licenseRefreshButton" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;" type="submit" value="Refresh"/>

</form>
Support Period Your commercial Confluence support and updates are available until Aug 05, 2015.
Support Entitlement Number SEN-2177108

2. Team Calendar states taht it is incompatible due to the number of licenses

Version: 3.2.4
Developer: Atlassian Pty Ltd
Add-on key: com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars
License details: 100-user commercial license, Standard, expires Apr 09, 2014
License status: Incompatible with product license (different number of users)
License SEN: SEN-2177109

3. Upgrade Team Calendar to 500 User License

Version: 3.2.4
Developer: Atlassian Pty Ltd
Add-on key: com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars
License details: 500-user commercial license, Standard, expires Aug 05, 2015
License status: Incompatible with product license (wrong type)
License SEN: SEN-2177109
License key: AAABLA0ODA...

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Oh I see. Sorry I misunderstood.

THat warning should only be the result of an incompatibility between legacy/commercial/hosted licenses.

However in your case all 3 look to be 500 Commercial, and I suggest you file a ticket with Atlassian support.

From their docs...https://developer.atlassian.com/display/MARKET3/License+Validation+Rules

A license is invalid if its type (commercial, developer, academic, etc.) is incompatible with the type of the application license:

• If the application license is developer, all plugin license types are compatible.
  • If the application license is hosted, the plugin license type must be hosted, academic, commercial, community, or open source. (This license type was used for hosted installations prior to On-Demand; it will likely become obsolete.)
  • For all other application license types, the plugin license type must be the same as the application license type.

0 votes
rbtaylorva August 21, 2013

This was an issue with license that was resoelved by Sales - converting from Commercial to Enterprise License

0 votes
rbtaylorva August 21, 2013

This was an issue with license that was resoelved by Sales - converting from Commercial to Enterprise License

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events