Issues facing in jira logs need to reslove on high priority.

kanthu kumar January 24, 2013

Hi all,

we are facing the many errors in the logs the following are the few errors in jira 5.0.7 are:-
2013-01-25 13:23:00,901 http-8088-5 ERROR jirasupport 802x129x1 1lclxq0 10.10.194.231 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jira.cot.functions.CreateSubIssueFunction] Could not create sub-task
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Error occurred while creating issue through workflow:
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:472)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:402)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

we have raised this query in jira support JSP-149964 they have suggested the problem is because of Create on Transition.right now we have 2.3.0 plugin version in jira 5.0.7

4 answers

0 votes
jayasingh August 12, 2013

Hi All,

Facing the same issues if i didnt add the post-function back. Is there any issues anywhere in jira?

Thanks,

Jayasingh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2013

No, the error is thrown by the post function. You need to work out the problem as explained above.

0 votes
srrekanth January 28, 2013

Hi Nic,

After following the steps mentioned the solution is partially i.e we performed steps 1,2,3 and 4.But in step 4 i.e after adding the post-function back we are still facing the error.But suppose if we stop at step 3 i.e delete the post-function from workflow we are not getting the error.

suppose if we delete the post function and if have not add again is there any impact on other created projects

Thanks and regards,

Harish

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2013

Then the post-function is broken, not working for you and you need to get it fixed by the vendor or stop using it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2013

Like you have been told elsewhere, upgrade the plugin to the latest version and re-test it.

There's no point running an old version with errors - the first response you will get in any support request is "upgrade to the latest and see if that improves it"

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hey there.

After reviewing the https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-149964 ticket, we can see that the engineer has suggested you to address this issue to the respective plugin vendor so that you will be able to receive the proper assistance that you require. Moreover you can try to perform an upgrade to the latest version 3.0.0 since we can see that it is compatible with JIRA 4.4 - JIRA 5.2.5. See whether it helps to solve the issue that you are having.

Else, contacting the vendor would be the best thing to do:

Bob Swift Software, LLC

2528 Northridge Ln. N.E.

Rochester Minnesota 55906-4083

United States of America

info@bobswiftsoftware.com

Skype or hangout

Skype: bob.swift.mn, Google+/hangout: bob.swift.mn at gmail.com, IM: AOL:bobswift1,Yahoo!: bob_swift_mn

Hope the information helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

kanthu kumar January 24, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

After i installed create on trasnition 3.0.0v i am still facing the error

2013-01-25 15:51:51,027 http-8088-6 ERROR jirasupport 951x248x1 fziqso 10.10.194.231 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jira.cot.functions.CreateSubIssueFunction] Could not create sub-task
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Error occurred while creating issue through workflow:
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:472)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:402)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2013

Could you try this:

1. Go into the workflow where it's trying to use this post-function
  2. Write down all the settings for the post-function
  3. Delete the post-function from the workflow
  4. Add the post-function back

My thought is that maybe the post-function has some setting from your old data that is not compatible with the later versions of the post-function, or even Jira. Deleting the function and re-creating it should guarantee clean settings.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Perhaps you can try to perform Nic's suggestion and see how it goes. Else I would recommend you to contact the vendor to save time on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events