Importing Test Cases and Updating Test Cases via Import

David Buonomano November 11, 2013

I've been using the "zfj-importer-utility-0.25" to import test cases for a while now, and it's been a very helpful utility to import test cases with test steps into JIRA/Zephyr. But I have two questions:

1. I know the version I'm using is an older one, I've seen references to .27, but was wondering if this product is still in beta or if there is an official release for it yet? Where can I get the latest version?
  2. My team has several projects with shared test cases and/or shared test steps which require updates to the same test case across several projects whenever there is an application change. We were wondering if there was a way to import an update to an existing test case steps similar to what you're able to do with the JIRA CSV import utility. This will make our test case maintenance much easier to manage.
    • On a side note... is there any plan to implement any sort of shared test step functionality in Zephyr for common test steps across multiple test cases?

Thanks!

Dave

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Hi David,

I am going to answer your questions inline:

1. I know the version I'm using is an older one, I've seen references to .27, but was wondering if this product is still in beta or if there is an official release for it yet? Where can I get the latest version?

Zephyr - Yes our Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer is still in beta. As of now there is not an official release of it. You can acquire the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer .27 here:

http://community.yourzephyr.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1048

2. My team has several projects with shared test cases and/or shared test steps which require updates to the same test case across several projects whenever there is an application change. We were wondering if there was a way to import an update to an existing test case similar to what you're able to do with the JIRA CSV import utility. This will make our test case maintenance much easier to manage.

On a side note... is there any plan to implement any sort of shared test step functionality in Zephyr for common test steps across multiple test cases?

Zephyr - As of now we do not have any plans to implement this. However, I do want to mention that the source code for the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer is open to the public. This means you can adjust the importer however you need to in order for it to fit your needs.

When you get the download from bitbucket you can get the source from one of the top tabs. However, here is a link directly to it:

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/src

Kind Regards,

Emily

David Buonomano November 13, 2013

Thank you Emily! This was very helpful!

Dipanwita Ghosh November 26, 2015

Hi Emily, Recently our organization is facing a challenge to import test cases in JIRA using Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer from excel. The issue is, the respective tester needs JIRA Admin privilege. This is becoming a potential risk; we are not able to restrict the admin privilege any more. Is there any way to use this utility, to import test cases from excel, without having the JIRA ADMIN privilege?

Like Hannah Kehring likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events