How to avoid having two "log work" options when using Tempo

Sophie Charpan June 23, 2014

I'm currently testing Tempo and have stumbled over the problem that after installation two "log work" options with the same name appear under the issue screen action buttons and in other places - one opening the default JIRA work log dialogue, the other opening the Tempo mask. This is very confusing. As we require work log attributes, it would be mandatory for us that all create and edit operations in all places only use the Tempo mask. I have already studied a couple of discussions around this topic (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/169634/disable-jira-standard-work-log-dialogueand https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/167668/two-work-log-options-showing-up), but it seems that the workaround suggested does not solve the problem for other places like the issue navigator, is that correct? Does that mean that Tempo is not able to replace or hide the JIRA dialogue instead of adding a second one, is that not possible or do you see any benefit in having two different dialogues? How can I prevent my users from using the "wrong" mask?

2 answers

0 votes
Isabell Diedrich March 30, 2020

We are actually using Jira 8.4.1 and the 'Issue Operations' Plugin is not available. Has anyone else had the same experience? I would like to disable the log work option.. and it seems like this is the only way but with Jira 8.4.1 it doesnt work..

->Update: Found my mistake.. I translated Jira to my mother tongue and I would say 99% of the plugins were displayed in english, so I searched for the english plugin title, but 1% - including "issue operations" - were translated. So it was a classis PEBDAC

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

You can dsiable the following module under Issue Operations Plugin:

View Issue Ops Bar Work Link

(log-work)

You can do it from UPM > System Add-ons.

I know that. But when I deactivate the log work module in the "Issue Operations Plugin", this surprisingly also deactivates the "Log Work" tab and the "Time Tracking" panel on the issue screen. So I can't see estimates any longer and do not have an option to edit work logs (or to see/update work logs of others) from the issue screen. Is there someone from the Tempo team able to answer my original questions?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

But when I deactivate the log work module in the "Issue Operations Plugin", this surprisingly also deactivates the "Log Work" tab and the "Time Tracking" panel on the issue screen. So I can't see estimates any longer and do not have an option to edit work logs (or to see/update work logs of others) from the issue screen

That shouldn't happen. I have done it succesfully in different versions including 6.2.7 which is my current version.

Maybe I am missing something here. And hopefully some one else can help you figure it out.

I'm using JIRA 6.2.4 for testing. Have now tried in another demo instance (version 6.2), and here the behaviour is like expected, tab and panel are not deactivated. So this just seems to be a bug in JIRA 6.2.4.

Roman Joss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2014

Hello We actually use JIRA 6.2.7 and Tempo 7.10.1. But I do not see the plugin 'Issue Operations Plugin'. Do i have to install this seperatly? Thanks for your help.

Karolin Blunk August 23, 2017

I saw the plugin yesterday deactivated and re-activated the log work module and the the plugin disappeared. I don't see it anymore. Reindexing, delete local cache, log out and login again did not help. The plugin is simply not there anymore. Need help! Using Jira 7.2.7.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events