How can i uninstall Jeditor?

Павел Мироненко October 10, 2013

I have installed Jeditor Plagin and created about 100 issues using this plugin. When I disabled plagin all fields are not readable. How to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Lathrop [PSU] October 11, 2013

You can uninstall any plugin from the Manage Plugin page in the Administration menu. I'm not sure what the effect of this would be however. You should test this on a staging environment first.

My questions would be what fields are using the JEditor and are they custom fields or default JIRA fields? If they are just default fields like Comment or Description I think you would keep the data in the fields after you uninstalled the plugin but you would lose all the formatting and the text would appear as plain text. If the JEditor makes custom fields then you will lose it all on an uninstall. That has been my experience in that past with custom plugin features.

You could try to do a copy values from field to field via a workflow. That might allow you to copy the data from your JEditor fields to new fields before you disable the plugin. I would guess that only the JEditor fields are unreadable after you disabled the plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events