Disable JIRA standard work log dialogue

Daniel Tarpey May 13, 2013

Hi

Is there any way to dissable the standard work log dialogue while keeping the work log display on the right (JIRA 5)

This is to achieve the mandatory log work comment.

Regards

Daniel

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi Daniel

You can disable the JIRA log work dialog if you want to use Tempo for logging work in your system. This is not possible for OnDemand and you can read this faq from our homepage for further information on this subject.

http://www.tempoplugin.com/faq/how-can-i-disable-the-jira-log-work-dialog/

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Daniel Tarpey May 14, 2013

Hi

This is exactly what we are looking for, the only problem is after following the steps the Issue Action is not displayed (as detailed) however clicking on the work log "plus" icon brings up the JIRA work log dialogue not the Tempo one, is this expected on JIRA 5.2.4 standalone?

Regards

Daniel

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

There was a bug in Tempo that caused the behaviour you described. Try updating Tempo and see if it fixes it for you.

I am now using 7.6.0.1 but clicking on the "plus" still brings up the JIRA work log.

I have disabled both modules from the link provided.

1 vote
Matthias Lichter April 27, 2014

Hi there,

is there any chance that this is made available in the future for OnDemand?

Or is it already possible?

Thx 4 the update

Mat

0 votes
Gauri Mohile November 26, 2013

Hello,

We are just moving onto Jira and Tempo. We have an onDemand subscription.

We currently see many places from where a user can Log Work

1. Issue Detail View - Under "More" option > We have "Log Work" where tool tip says "Log work on this issue with Tempo" and the other says "Log work against this issue"

To avoid confusion and human error just wanted to confirm that we need to use the one that says Log with Tempo, correct? As we cannot hide the other option.

Regards

Gauri

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Good news :)

/Sverrir

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2013

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the additional information. I have passed this on to Tempo development for investigation.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Daniel Tarpey May 19, 2013

The latest Structure plugin has this fix in it (https://jira.almworks.com/browse/HJ-1232) released Saturday 18/05/13

After updating it uses the correct low work call and loads the Tempo plugin

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

Can you try again Daniel as the JIRA dialog might have been cached when you clicked for the first time.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

I have done some more debugging and it turns out a plugin we are using (Structure) which rolls up time base on links is causing this issue. It look like this is Structure overriding so I will post back if they have a solution

Thanks for your help

Daniel

Also as a bit of a side note, when opening the "plus" in an new tab it reverts to the original JIRA log work (with Structure disabled and left click working)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events