Diagramly - Images not showing/updating correctly on page

JBennett June 12, 2013

This application has real potential, but I do have a few issues:

1: When adding Diagramly to a page the created image does not update when changes are made.

2: Unsure how multiple users can access Diagramly without sharing the same workspace.

Can someone give me some advice on this. Would love people at our company to adopt it, but these few minor glitches are making that difficult.

4 answers

2 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

1) You could be experiencing the caching issue if you are using IE. Try clearing the cache to see if the image changes. The created .png is updated every time you save the diagram from the diagram editor.

2) You can import a diagram from another space. In page editor click on Diagramly macro and then go Select Diagram. Dialog will pop up and will allow you to search for diagrams.

Hope that helps.

JBennett June 12, 2013

& how would it be best to implement Diagramly so that each user can have their own access. At the moment it seems like I can only add it to a page which all users see (including the latest saved state - if it worked properly).

JBennett June 12, 2013

Hmm, interesting. I've had a few issues recently with IE9, including an issue in Jira 6 with CSS (the top header looked out of place). I managed to fix this issue by tweaking security settings.

But I do wonder. Is there a more suitable browser that offers better compatibility with Jira and Confluence? Cheers.

1 vote
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Perhaps Confluence user permissions are what you are looking for.

I'd recommend Chrome and Firefox for best experience.

JBennett June 13, 2013

Confluence user permissions to only allow certain users access? Not sure how it would work if a team of users work on a diagram though, if multiple people open the file then there might be a problem.

cheers.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Could you check that 1 is resolved please?

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

Confluence pages are meant to be shared between users. If you want a standalone diagram editor with exclusive access to your diagrams try Draw.io

JBennett June 12, 2013

Oh okay. Draw.io would be a bit of a problem in our environment, it's disconnected from the outside world.

I kind of understand it's purpose now though. But would this collaboration work okay if someone else tried to edit a diagram when someone else has it open?

And I guess something like Firefox might be a better choice to get around the caching issue?

Many thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events