Diagramly Documentation

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

I seem to be stuck in a circle - the link provided for Documentation goes to here:

https://drawio.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DPFC/Diagramly%20Plugin%20for%20Confluence%20Home

But your security is set that you have to have a OnDemand account with your company (JGraph) to access it. I can't request an account, nor can I send an email to the admins.

I went to your Jira instance and while I can see some issues, I can't click on any users (like Mr Benson) to get an email address without having a login. (see issue above)

I went to your website and looked for email addresses, didn't find any. Your contact page says Sales Questions Only, nothing technical.

Your Google+ account has no contact information.

I found a line that said go here and ask questions tagged with addon-com.mxgraph.confluence.plugins.diagramly for support.

How can I read the product documentation? We're new to your product, and users are looking to export their Google Docs Drawings to Diagramly/Confluence.

-Kelly Schoenhofen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

There's no written documentation, currently. Diagramly is meant to be very simple to use. There's an overview video on YouTube, however.

In terms of questions, this is the correct place to ask. Google Docs Drawing doesn't have a graph export format, so there's no way to re-form the graph structure of your drawing.

You could export the drawing as SVG, host that SVG publicly on Drive and use that SVG as the background image on a Diagramly diagram. However, you wouldn't be able to edit what you import, you'd only be able to add content. Basically, Docs drawings are not a good format to port elsewhere.

We'll clean up the links to direct users here faster in future, thanks for the feedback.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

I'll have to ask him to do a follow-up, if the site is still active. You can always just phone me on the number at http://www.jgraph.com/contact.html. Plenty of Confluence users do, I'm happy to answer questions directly.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Thanks. I found this interview back from April of 2011 - almost 3 years ago now - and it gave me background information on the how & why of Diagramly. You should do a "it's been 3 years, here what worked and what didn't and where Diagramly is going" sequel article.

http://doeswhat.com/2011/04/11/interview-with-david-benson-diagramly/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events