Clear Field Value

JW23 June 16, 2014

I was using Misc Workflow Extensions add-on v2.5.5.2 on JIRA OnDemand and it has a post function to clear field value. Now, I am switching to JIRA Download version and the add-on has a newer version of 3.3.0 but I couldn't find this post function to clear field value.

How should I do it instead?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

The Clear Field Value function was never part of the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin, but of another plugin.

But you can achieve the same results with the "Set Field Value" function, by selecting "Groovy" as the value type, and "null" as the value.

Volodymyr Chugai January 14, 2018

@David _old account_, sorry for the newbie question. 

I'm using MISC and trying to set remaining estimate to "Not specified.

Precondition

Before resetting my Remaining time is "Not specified". I need to clear remaining time after logging (like you create the issue).

My steps to add post function into flow:

1.  Add post function

2. Choose "Set Field Value"

3. Choose "Remaining Estimate"

4. Set value. Here I've tried, but failed:

- just left empty

- {{ null }}

- {{issue.fields.remaining.estimate == null}}

- {{issue.fields.remaining == null}}

But nothing help :(

What shall I fix to clear remaining estimate?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Simply put: you cannot. Jira will never show "Not specified" once you've input time estimates. If you set the value to empty, it will clear the remaining estimate but Jira will show it as 0 minutes left.

Volodymyr Chugai January 15, 2018

Hi @David Fischer

Actually, my colleague helped to overcome the issue via Jira Misc :)

In order to reset Original & Remaining estimate we shall do:

1.  Add post function

2. Choose "Set Field Value"

3. Choose "Time Tracking"

4. Put into value 

{
"originalEstimate": null,
"remainingEstimate": null
}

5. Choose option - Treat value as json

6. Set 2 sec delay to be sure that executes correctly

reset rem_or est.png

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Good! However, it also clears the original estimate, but if that's ok with you, it will indeed work. 

0 votes
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

I just left the condition blank and it clears out my value.  Just dont put anything in the groovy template value. I guess that serves as null. I am using this to clear "pending reason" field when it transitions back to not pending anymore.

of course this may not work for all cases...

0 votes
Rostyslav Admin February 18, 2017

in that case what was the plugin with "Clear field Value"?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2017

Possibly Suite Utlisites for JIRA (JSU).

Their documentaton page about the Clear Field Value Post-Function is here:

https://confluence-addons.beecom.ch/display/JSU/Clear+Field+Value+Post-Function

JSU used to be bundled with JIRA Cloud (formerly called OnDemand).

Atlassian removed JSU around May 2017, but retained native support for the extra post-fuctions it provided (including "Clear Field Value").

Read about that in Dave Meyer's post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Core-questions/Why-is-JIRA-Suite-Utilities-disabled-on-JIRA-Cloud/qaq-p/368253

0 votes
JW23 June 16, 2014

It works, thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events