Can I use a Text Execution filter in a dashboard gadget in Zephyr for JIRA?

Peter Moline December 3, 2013

Hi,

The Zephyr Dashboard comes with a couple of really nice gadgets to display the progress of your test executions. However, it looks like you can only plug specific projects / versions into each instance of any gadget.

Zephyr for JIRA also allows you to build Test Execution filters, which can span multiple projects and versions. Is there a way to use a filter in any of the Zephyr gadgets?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Hi Peter,

We do have a gadget now that uses ZQL to filter what Test Executions you want to display. It is called Test Execution Details gadget. It is an extremely interactive gadget. You can read more about it here:

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=589892#TestMetrics%28Gadgets%29-test_execution_details

Please be sure to add it to your Zephyr Dashboard. Note: this is available in Zephry for JIRA 2.0 and higher only.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Peter Moline December 4, 2013

Thanks for your prompt reply Emily.

I've saved a test execution filter as a favourite, but in the Test Execution Details gadget, it doesn't seem to allow me to select it. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, that gadget is just a grid view, not a graph. I was hoping to use a filter in some of the graphical gadgets (Test Distribution, Test Execution, Test Execution Burndown)

Like # people like this
Laurence Postgate September 12, 2019

This is a great tool to put on the default dashboard to point testers to the Current Cycle(s) being executed. Thank you.

3 votes
Karen O'Connor December 7, 2015

I would make a further request to have a gadget that can show the results of these filters in a manner the user would like to see, like the two dimensional filter or like a chart. I have various execution filters that don't seem to fit with what zephyr perceives as a testing round, i need various test cycles that covers one of our build tests. I would like to be able to see the progress of these in the form of a report just showing execution status ideally based on my filter. I don't see the benefit in having the gadget that lists them.

Is this a feature that is in progress?

Ariel Meter November 6, 2019

I'm facing exactly the same problem right now. 

Like Jennifer Taylor likes this
0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi Peter,

Yes. This is a great request. I am going to bring this up with our product team.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes

They are definitely Test Execution filters created in Zephyr for JIRA.

I've figured out what the problems are: the search is case sensitive, and it doesn't work if you only search for words at the end of the filter name. I created filters called (for example) 'All UAT' and 'All Phase 2', but typically, I would search for 'all' and 'phase' (lowercase).

When I changed my search string to 'All' (proper case), it found my filters.

May I suggest that the search should be case-insensitive, and it should also work for if the search string appears anywhere in the filter name, not just at the beginning

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Hi Peter,

Question, are you looking for filters created in JIRA or filters that you created in Zephyr for JIRA? There are two places to create filters. One of them is JIRA only and the other is Zephyr only. For this chart you have to make sure you create a filter in Search Test Executions first. Any JIRA filters will not appear in this section.

Kind Regards,

Emily

They are definitely Test Execution filters created in Zephyr for JIRA.

I've figured out what the problems are: the search is case sensitive, and it doesn't work if you only search for words at the end of the filter name. I created filters called (for example) 'All UAT' and 'All Phase 2', but typically, I would search for 'all' and 'phase' (lowercase).

When I changed my search string to 'All' (proper case), it found my filters.

May I suggest that the search should be case-insensitive, and it should also work for if the search string appears anywhere in the filter name, not just at the beginning

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Hi Peter,

Currently these are the only charts that we have in Zephyr for JIRA. However, I am going to bring up more charting ideas to our product team.

As for grabbing the filtered ZQL queries, you should be able to find your favorite filters when selecting Saved ZQL query from the Edit of the Test Execution Details. For example, from Edit in the Test Execution Details chart, select "Saved ZQL query". A text bar will appear and you can start typing one of the saved filters in. It should bring up all filters for example that you have that start with a 'T'. I have uploaded a screen shot for how to do this to imgur:

http://imgur.com/YpJbpS2

Kind Regards,

Emily

Hmmm, looks like there is something wrong with our database or indexes. since I can't find any filters when I search by name under Manage Execution Filters > Search Execution Filters (but I can find them by owner).

However, it would be good if you could add the ability to use a saved filter in your existing chart gadgets

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events