Call method from groovy script in condition of a workflow function

Marcel Carlé August 15, 2017

Hey!

As I am trying to be a good developer, I am putting all my groovy code in custom scripts in the scripts-folder and call the method I need from ScriptRunner.

Example:

Inside my scripts/ - folder is a file test.groovy with following content:

class CheckUtil {
public static boolean check(field) {
/* some 50 lines, complex, multiple times needed method */
/* ... */
return field.value == "42" // for simplicity
}
}

Then, I want to use the "Set security level"-post function in my workflow, to set specific security levels based on custom fields. Therefore, I must specify some conditions like "if customfieldvalue is 42, then set security level to 42" or something.

As my conditions are inside the test.groovy and I do not want spreaded/duplicated code, I simply want to call:

CheckUtil.check(
customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_10000')
)

No errors were found, the compiler-indicator is green. But sadly, when the condition is executed, I get:

Condition failed on issue: TEST-27, built-in script:com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SetIssueSecurity
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: CheckUtil for class: Script165
at Script165.run(Script165.groovy:1)

So, my questions are:

• How can I call methods from my scripts inside the scripts/-folder?
  • Why is the compiler-indicator green?

Thanks a lot for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

It sounds like you are running into an open bug detailed here: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-458

Unfortunately, you can not import classes from your script roots into the inline editor, due to the way we handle class loading for the two cases. Although the static type checker will say it compiles fine, it isn't run in the same way. You won't be able to access class methods from your script roots in the inline editor until the bug is fixed.

You might try the workaround on that bug report, though it can be a challenge to get it work in my experience. Short of that, you'll have to run the script from a script file if you want to access your class methods. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events