COT - how to transfer parent ticket fields to subtask? Not working

TomS January 27, 2013

COT is setup and working.

Currently I am auto-generating several custom sub-tasks based on a multi-check box field value in the parent ticket.

Issue I am trying to problem solve is how to copy(transfer) parent field values to the custom fields setup in the Sub Task?

I can get the custom field value to transfer to the description using %Voice Over% in the description field, but how do I copy/transfer over all the custom fields & field values to the new ticket? I have tried to follow the instructions explicility, however %Voice Over% in the "parent custom fields to copy" field doesn't produce any results, and "Voice Over" without % as you illustrate in your example doc produces a NULL error.

Please assist and thankyou.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TomS March 6, 2013

This was a custom field issue. Need to make sure that the custom fields have been associated with the correct screens related to the subtasks.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013
  1. %Voice Over% is replaced with the string representation of the Voice Over custom field value.
  2. The parent custom fields to copy is a comma separated list of custom field names or ids - don't use % here
  3. You should be able to specify all 8 fields in the parent custom fields to copy field.
  4. Open an issue if you are still having difficulties
0 votes
TomS January 27, 2013

Okay, I'm able to transfer 3 fields using the preset fields. But I have 8 custom fields that need to be transferred. Is the best suggestion to do this directly via the XML?

Thoughts would be most welcome here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events