Bamboo Xcode Plugin and OC Test results

Michel MoreauMicheO January 11, 2012

Hi,

I'am trying to use the new beta5 Bamboo Xcode plugin.

It works fine for building (multiple) target(s). But when I check the "Include OCUnit/SenTestKit Test results" option, the build fails.

In fact, the build himself is successfull, but bamboo does not find tests results ("Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found."). This unit tests are running normaly on my mac.

Is there any particular configuration/target to set in order to run unit tests on the bamboo server ?

Thank you

Michel

4 answers

0 votes
Joseph Earl November 11, 2013

Can we get a resolution to this? I also have issues running tests.

0 votes
Luca Bartoletti October 24, 2013

Same problem here, any suggestion?

0 votes
Kyle Clegg July 28, 2013

I'm having the same issue. Following the instructions in the Xcode documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Xcode, Bamboo is still unable to see my unit tests and fails saying "Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found."

Can anyone suggest a fix? I've verified my Xcode build task works correctly and my build plan is successful without checking "Include OCUnit/SenTestKit Test results" however as soon as I do I get this error. I have logic tests in place and have added the script below to my logic tests target.

if [ "$RUN_UNIT_TEST_WITH_IOS_SIM" = "YES" ]; then
test_bundle_path="$BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR/$PRODUCT_NAME.$WRAPPER_EXTENSION"
ios-sim launch "$(dirname "$TEST_HOST")" --setenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/../../Library/PrivateFrameworks/IDEBundleInjection.framework/IDEBundleInjection --setenv XCInjectBundle="$test_bundle_path" --setenv XCInjectBundleInto="$TEST_HOST" --args -SenTest All "$test_bundle_path"
echo "Finished running tests with ios-sim"
else
"${SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR}/Tools/RunUnitTests"
fi

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

Sorry for the late reply, but does it work with the latest plugin release?

Tony Arnold October 9, 2012

This is probably dredging up an old issue, but I'm seeing this problem as well. I have OCUnit tests in my project, and the plugin finds 0 tests and fails the whole build. Was there ever a resolution to this problem?

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Do you have the configuration configured in the task that can run the OCUnit tests? If Bamboo can't find the test output in the build log and it expects tests, it will fail the build.

Thomas Clayson May 27, 2013

I'm going to dredge this up again now, sorry. Using 1.8 of the plugin: Unit tests run properly (with "build all targets" checked) - the output and everything shows up in the logs. However I'm getting the error "Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found." Don't really know what to do here. If I uncheck the option to put tests in Bamboo then it all works fine, it would be nice to get the tests integrated though. Any chance of a solution to this problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events