Artifactory Generic Deploy: 0 artifacts were found

dean lamper April 16, 2014

I'm having troubles defining the right deploy pattern for "Artifactory Generic Deploy".

Pattern:

LIB*.ZIP=>lib/1.0-SNAPSHOT
BUILD*.ZIP=>build/1.0-SNAPSHOT

Results in

For pattern: LIB*.ZIP 0 artifacts were found
For pattern: BUILD*.ZIP 0 artifacts were found

I have tried everything I could think of with exactly the same result - 0 artifacts were found.

Artifacts consist of two zip files in the root of build directory named like LIB-1.0-1231231.ZIP

DIR command with the same pattern list the files.

I've tried changing the file name into simple LIB.ZIP, using lowercase, leading ./, leading .\, leading /**/ etc with same results.

I suspect this deployment task goes into different working dir? How can I check this?

We're running bamboo 5.1.1. Any help or hints very much appretiated!

Update

It looks like file pattern is not the problem. I found out that if I disable all previous tasks, Generic Deploy finds the artifacts.

I incrementaly enabled them one by one and Generic Deploy was working until I enabled the first task - Source Code Checkout.

This task checks out multiple SVN repositories into different Checkout Directories.

I thought it changed the current directory so I added a simple nant target to echo current directory and run the build with disabled and enabled SVN Checkout.

Current directory before Generic Deploy task was the same for enabled and disabled SVN Checkout. So it is not the current directory that gets changed but something else.

Any idea?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
dean lamper April 16, 2014

I've found a workaround - I've added ${bamboo.build.working.directory} to Deploy pattern:

${bamboo.build.working.directory}/LIB*.ZIP=>lib/1.0-SNAPSHOT
${bamboo.build.working.directory}/BUILD*.ZIP=>build/1.0-SNAPSHOT

It works even when Source Control Checkout task is enabled.

Bamboo (plugin) bug?

paymon June 26, 2017

Thank you

1 vote
Jesper Jensen September 18, 2019

Note that this bug also affects if you are using the file option on that line you also need to prefix the filename with ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\

0 votes
Jón Másson February 16, 2018

Can I have this task throw an error if this occurse?

0 votes
it_it June 8, 2015

Awesome! You saved my day (at least this day) ... spent already nearly a whole day figuring out what is wrong ending up at the same conclusion than you: if you disable the checkout task, the deploy task works fine.

The workaround works fine and is still a necessary solution! Maybe somebody from JFrog needs to look into this as well.

0 votes
Vahid Dastpak October 8, 2014

Thanks for the workaround! I have been banging my head against the desk all day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events