Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Tell us what you think about Jira and earn money for charity!

Gabrielle Allfrey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2022

Hi Everyone,

My name is Gabby, I am a researcher here at Atlassian. I am currently working with the brand team to understand what associations our customers (you) have with Jira.

Today I am reaching out because I need your help with an activity that will get your creative juices flowing.

Please answer 1 or, if you're feeling generous, all of the questions below:

1. If you had to explain Jira to an elderly relative how would you describe it?

2. What are 3 words that you associate with Jira?

3. Imagine Jira came to life and was a person, what kind of person would they be?

For the first 50 responses (over 50 words) we will donate $5 to charity. You can specify which of the charities listed below you would like to donate to or we will select randomly. Atlassian will be matching the donations as part of our foundation so each response will be worth $10 overall. 

a. Support Flood Relief in Australia

b. Help People Fleeing Ukraine Seek Shelter and Safety

c. Help refugees facing a humanitarian crisis in Yemen

Really looking forward to reading your comments and appreciate your time! 

Thanks, Gabby

UPDATE: 
Thanks to everyone who submitted comments - we have made the charity donations! If you want to add a response please do but know that we won't be making any further donations at this time. 

4 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

1. Hey Grandpa. Remember when you told me you worked in a factory, and there were all of these tubes that had airflowing through them that you would use to send instructions from one office to another, and to and from the manufacturing floor? You would always say that you had to send the same instructions for a project to multiple offices, and sometimes by the time each floor received their tube the instructions could have changed - and then you would send interns running throughout the campus to update all of the stakeholders? That serial communication was the biggest source of lack of productivity for the company? Well, nowadays we have a software called Jira than helps solve all of these problems by creating one place for all of the instructions to live, where everyone can access it at any time, and all changes are available immediately to all of the stakeholders as they are made. No more need to call down for progress reports and updates - it all lives in a single pane of glass!

2. Agile, Scrum, Workflow

3. Jira is a Obi-Wan Kenobi. A Jedi Knight that teaches us that Jira is a force that surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds everyone in the project together.

Gabrielle Allfrey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2022

Top marks for being the first person to respond @Andy Gladstone thanks so much for your response. Is there a specific charity that you would like to support?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022
Like ā€¢ Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2022

@Andy Gladstone , very nice write up above. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

@Gabrielle Allfrey 

If you had to explain Jira to an elderly relative how would you describe it?

Once my dad ask me what do you do i answered him i work on jira. He confused because In Marathi language  (my mother tongue) we called jira for Cumin. So i explained him 

Its a project management tool used in many organization. This tool helps many organization to setup their processes to manage their projects and make their work life easier. 

What are three words that you associate with Jira?

Feasible, User Friendly and Project Management tool

Imagine Jira came to life and was a person; what kind of person would they be?

It would be nice, good looking, helpful, Rich n qualities, Ideal 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
March 10, 2022
  1. If you had to explain Jira to an elderly relative, how would you describe it?
    Jira is this place that helps other teams to organize their work and see how it develops. There, the bosses can input the tasks that need to be done, and their employees should complete those tasks and indicate when it's already done.

2. What are three words that you associate with Jira?
    Issues, agility, software

3. Imagine Jira came to life and was a person; what kind of person would they be?
    Mark Zuckerberg. For further explanation: it would be someone, possibly with a slightly AS, very tech-savvy, organized, simple; sometimes you might get confused, if it's an android or an actual person. 

If each of my answers could count for each donation, I would love to collaborate with the three of them; if that's not possible, I would love to support the refugees from Yemen or the refugees from Ukrania; whichever gets fewer donations!!

Thank you for such a lovely incentive; it's precious to me. Thanks, @Gabrielle Allfrey  šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2023

Hello  @Gabrielle Allfrey 

If you had to explain Jira to an elderly relative, how would you describe it?
If I had to explain Jira to my sweet Grandma Rose, I would describe it as a magical virtual assistant for organizing and managing tasks. It's like having a personal secretary who keeps track of everything, from to-do lists to essential deadlines. Jira ensures that you stay on top of your tasks and collaborate seamlessly with others, just like how Grandma used to keep her recipe cards organized in her beloved recipe box.

What are three words that you associate with Jira?Three words that come to mind when I think of Jira are efficiency, collaboration, and organization. It's all about getting things done efficiently, working together seamlessly, and staying organized.

Imagine Jira came to life and was a person; what kind of person would they be?If Jira were to come to life as a person, I imagine Jira as diligent and dependable project manager. They would be someone who loves organizing and coordinating tasks, always ensuring everyone is on the same page and working towards a common goal. Like a good project manager, Jira would be attentive, detail-oriented, and excellent at bringing people together to achieve success.

I would love to donate to Help People Fleeing Ukraine Seek Shelter and Safety

Hope me answer will be helpful. 
Best regards, Valeriia 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events