Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with my shared configurations if i use de phased approach

Erik Mathijs August 27, 2021

I have for example 4 projects with a shared configurations (project A, B, C and D).

They all use the same configurations

• Workflows
  • Roles
  • Screens
  • permissions
  • custom fields

I want to move the projects from server to cloud in a fased appoach. First project A & B, afterwards project C & D.

Question

What happens if i move project A and B in a first stage to the cloud. (via de cloud migration assistent)

After succesfull UAT of project A and B, i will move project B and C to the cloud (via de cloud migration assistent)

I hope that the cloud migration assistent detects the configurations of project A and B

or will i have a problem with duplicate configurations ?

Thanks for supporting me :)

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

10 votes
Answer accepted
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Erik Mathijs ,

If you are going to move projects in phases with shared configurations, make sure you don't make changes once the projects are moved in server or cloud. Have a read through Jira Cloud Migration Assistant duplicates and tracking entities.

Otherwise, if you can't make that freeze and changes have to be made to configurations then you might consider moving all 4 projects at once. 

0 votes
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 30, 2021

Is there a reason why you cant migrate all at once? Can you split the migration another way?

Erik Mathijs October 6, 2021

I consider to migrate in phases so i can assist small groups of people switching from server to cloud. Otherwise i have to support all people at once.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events