What happens to the Jira server version when I start/end Jira cloud trial?

Pavel Petrov January 24, 2020

Hi all,

We are currently on Jira server and thinking of moving to Jira Cloud. I have valid licence till March 2021. However, there are a few concerns that prevent me from hitting the start cloud trial button in my.attlassian.com

1. What happens to the current server version when I start the cloud trial?
  2. How will I be able to differentiate the server and cloud versions? I mean will I be able to set different urls? Maybe different subdomains? How do I do this?
  3. If I choose to give up from moving to Jira Cloud, do I just cancel and keep working on the server version?

Thank you!
Pavel

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Maren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for writing in about Extended cloud trials for server and Data Center customers . 

To answer your questions:

1. These trials do not impact your current server version in any way. They are a separate extended trial for a separate product.
  2. The cloud site will use a different URL than your server site. While we're working on custom domains in cloud , they aren't yet available. Currently, all Atlassian cloud sites use the URL format yoursitename.atlassian.net. You can learn more about some of the other high-level differences between cloud and server here
  3. Yes, if you choose not to move to cloud, you don't need to do anything. In your case, if you start the trial prior to March 2020, the trial will automatically expire after 12 months and you will not be charged. 

These trials are designed for customers just like you, who are currently on server but need time to explore cloud or plan a migration.

It sounds like you're early in your thinking about moving to cloud, so if you haven't seen them already, a few more good resources to look at are:

Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions.

Best wishes,
Maren

Pavel Petrov January 24, 2020

Thank you, @Maren . Now I can start my trial and see how it goes. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events