[Vote now] Which cloud benefit are you most excited about?

Hi Community,

As you may have heard, we asked 320 customers who migrated to cloud all about their experience: why they did it, how cloud compares to server, and what surprised them most. (Read more about the results of that survey here).

But we wanted to dig a little deeper on one question in particular: What are the top benefits of cloud, according to customers who recently made the switch?

The answer - and the direct quotes from customers - probably won't surprise you, since cloud is all about saving time and hassle, moving faster, and working better. Here are the top benefits of cloud according to the survey: 

1. Peace of mind around maintenance
  2. Speed and accessibility
  3. Employee satisfaction
  4. Performance
  5. Lower total cost of ownership 

Plus, what's even better is that customers said they didn't have to wait long before starting to realize the benefits of their migration. 75% of those we surveyed said they started to realize the benefits of cloud in less than three months. (Source: TechValidate survey) 

You can read the full blog post, but I'm curious to know: what do you see as the top benefit of cloud? Let us know by voting in the poll. Or, is there a benefit that's missing from the top 5? Respond in the comments below. 

Happy migrating!

Elizabeth

P.S. If you've decided that you're excited about cloud but not sure how to get started, check out our new bi-weekly cloud migrations demo with live Q&A with our Cloud Migration Managers. 

10 comments

Comment

Brian Bartlett April 1, 2021

Unless something has changed, Service Management isn't going to be HIPAA compliant on the cloud.

So, ensuring compliance across the product portfolio is a major point holding back migration.

There also hasn't been much clarity around compliance offerings for small businesses.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Performance, through and through. ⚡

One of the gripes I've heard from Cloud users over the years (and personally experienced) the sometimes pokey performance of Confluence and Jira Cloud versus competing products (including Confluence and Jira on-premise), so hearing about Atlassian's investment in improving performance is much appreciated.

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

@Brian Bartlett Thanks for the feedback! You’re correct, we don’t currently have JSM in-scope for HIPAA compliance. We will update the public facing cloud roadmap when that changes. The roadmap is a great place to get visibility into our plans (and timing) for compliance offerings.

In the meantime, we also invite you to join our cloud security & compliance group to deliver feedback on compliance requirements directly to our Product teams working on those features. To join one of these Community groups (there are 4 in total), please click on the links of the group/s you'd like to join and hit the Request Access button. You'll receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

@Dave Liao I almost voted for that.  But then I remembered all the times I DON'T have to do a late night/weekend upgrades of a Jira Server :D

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

Definitely Maintenance for me - way too many things can go wrong and I have numerous posts in Community about issues with upgrading, connections to database, etc. 

Total Cost of Ownership would have been number 2 for me. 

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

I think the prevailing view is peace of mind about maintenance. For my part, I have automated out most of the places problems can come in with careful containerization, including image builds, full operational parameter at run time, and the ability to roll back to a snapshot or deploy that snapshot in test in an (almost) automated fashion.

However, I am a one man band in a busy shop. As such, operational stuff keeps me busy, maintenance tasks (updates/upgrades for example) can start to grow cobwebs, and my engineering backlog is off in the corner crying from loneliness. While I do like keeping my systems engineering skills sharp, all that maintenance and engineering being a SEP will be wonderful. 

If I could've voted for 2 items, the second one for me is the one with the least votes currently; Employee Satisfaction. Hosted Atlassian stuff has looked largely the same... forever... The cloudy variants tick many of the soothing colors and large friendly buttons requirements that seem to make many of my user community happy. When I hear the refrain of "why aren't we on cloud" from my user base, almost always, the reason they want it is because UI.

As such, these are also quite contextual questions, to my tiny mind.

Like # people like this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2021

Low maintenance all around. Especially for smaller organizations, it's certainly a very convenient feature.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

Maintenance was the biggest piece on server/ DC which required lot of attention. Cloud relives us from doing all those maintenance stuff, weekend/ overnight upgrades.

Like # people like this
SK Kutubuddin April 22, 2021

Great

Alex Janes April 23, 2021

I'm with @Brian Bartlett in that I need HIPAA compliance on my data. So honestly, data residency and security are what I am most excited about, not the options in this survey.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events