Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unique public DNS for cloud hosted JIRA

Team,

We're planning migrate self-hosted JIRA to JIRA  cloud site. Before that, we are all know that custom subdomain feature is still not enabled in jira cloud site. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999

I just want to know, is JIRA cloud team would able to provide us unique dns of the server in which my companies JIRA cloud site is hosted. So that, we can able to add that unique dns of that server to CNAME record.

NOTE: Assuming JIRA cloud is using AWS hosting service, then the dns name for the instance looks something like this - ec2-12-34-56-78.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Based on the exist public cloud infrastructure documentation

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/how-does-atlassians-cloud-architecture-work/

I would say after setting the unique dns name will not work. Also, it's small security hole for they infra. 

btw, you can set the next scheme: 

• setup nginx server: with name jira.example.com
  • then that server will redirect to company.atlassian.net. 

As result the users will memorize the unique dns name. 

Hi @Gonchik Tsymzhitov - Yes, we could do reverse proxy as you mentioned. But just curious to know whether the requested method is possible as per jira's infra. 

Thanks for the support!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

⭐️ Star in a Migrations Marketing Video! ⭐️

Hi all! Our Migrations Marketing team is looking for customers who have migrated over 1,000 users to Atlassian Cloud (Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, or Bitbucket) to be feature...

218 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you