Trying to import our Jira instance across to the cloud but receive the following error.

Jira Admin August 17, 2021

There was an error importing file data.zip. Following issues were reported:

If i go into User Management and User directories as described in the link the Synchronize option which is the suggestion isn't there. I am trying to import Jira 8.12.2

Cheers

David

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

Hi David

I had a similar situation recently, and it was only resolved when all users from the external directory were migrated to the cloud with JCMA. After that the external directory was removed from the server/data center instance, and a new backup was taken to migrate via site import. 

Cheers,

Alex

3 votes
Anirudh Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2021

Hello David

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This error usually comes when you have external directory configured in your environment. Please note that JIRA Site import only migrates internal directory users and if you have external directory (AD) configured then you will have to first either migrate from external directory to internal directory or migrate users via JCMA. Do refer the below article for more details:

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/determine-your-user-migration-strategy/

Jira Admin August 18, 2021

Thanks for the reply Anirudh. I am now trying to run the manage your migration through the migration assistant home page but I get stuck on Choose your destination cloud site. I'm connecting with an account with admin access but when I hit confirm after entering a migrate from and a migrate to site it just returns to the same screen. I have confirmed that the login details are correct as I am able to connect to the cloud site externally via a browser. Would there be logs anywhere that may help me see what is failing. 

Cheers

David

Anirudh Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2021

Hello David

When you reach the page "Connect to your cloud Site", refrain from selecting the cloud site from dropdown rather click on "Choose cloud site" and click on continue. Then type in the source and destination.

Also, please go to Product Access on cloud site and ensure that Default Access groups is assigned to one of the JIRA groups.

Jira Admin August 22, 2021

Thanks Anirudh that seems to have solved the issue.

Cheers

David

0 votes
Luzia Mendes _SmartBear_ August 18, 2021

I find this doc from Atlassian Support very resourceful: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/jira-pre-migration-checklist/

There is a bit specific about external directories.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events