Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find Atlassian's article on how they do multi-tenant in AWS

Bill S_ August 1, 2021

I remember reading an article about how Atlassian maintains data separation by giving each client their own database.  It described the challenges of reading the user's token and mapping them to the correct database on every web request as well as some of the AWS technology used to pull that off very quickly.

I've searched for a few hours and found related articles describing the project but not the one with the details in it.  Anyone know a link to the article I'm describing?

Bill

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill S_ August 2, 2021

I just searched again and now I'm getting the hit I was looking for.
https://www.atlassian.com/engineering/scaling-rearchitecting-and-decomposing-confluence-cloud

Hard to believe you can search for hours one day then find it in 5 minutes the next.

Thanks @Amna Elabbas 

Bill

0 votes
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021
Bill S_ August 2, 2021

Hello and thanks for the reply!!

This is close and provides a good high-level of what happens.  The one I'm thinking of actually showed the specific AWS services involved and how they were connected.  There was a diagram as well as some specific times of how many milliseconds it took for different parts of the system.

Thanks again!

Bill

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events