I have been asked to make some enquiries around our cloud tools products and hosting. We currently purchase through PIX Software.
1) What are the options for Hosting – is it public(held on the same share as other companies data) or private?
2) We need a fully privately hosted site - does this cost more?
3) We also need a Test instance – so need a separate instance to store both the Live & Test Environments – what are the costs?
4) Would there be a fee for migrating over to Atlassian
1) You can get hosted from Atlassian, or from other 3rd parties. If you go for Atlassian Cloud, then yes, it's held in a datacentre in the US, and there is some sharing of hardware. Other hosts will have different setups, locations and options.
2) What do you mean by "a fully private site"? Cloud makes your system available to the world, but you control who can actually use it, so no-one gets past the "log in" screen unless you say so.
3) For Cloud, there's no concept of a "test" system. You'll need to purchase a second Cloud system.
4) Atlassian won't charge you for moving, I don't think any of the other providers will either. They may charge you if you need help doing the migration work though.
Happy Migrations Month ! If you haven’t heard, this January we’re hosting exclusive events, giving away cloudies, and sharing helpful resources as part of our #CountdownToCloud celebration. H...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events