Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating filters and dashboard

Duje Jurica May 10, 2021

Hi,

the issue at hand is filters and dashboards do not get migrated with Cloud migration tool from server to cloud. Server and data center have quite a nice plugin Configuration Manager for JIRA https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=pricing , but that is not the case with cloud.

What are the best options to migrate these without connecting them to projects or recreating them by hand?

4 answers

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Duje Jurica ,

When using JCMA you can migrate filters associated with boards being migrated, on the other hand dashboards have to be recreated in cloud. What gets migrated with JCMA provides a comprehensive overview of what is migrated and what isn't. 

Jean Dupree May 5, 2022

With all due respect, that only tells us what can't be done. 

HOW can I move dashboards?  Filters?  All manually?  How is this easy?

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 9, 2022

hi @Amna Elabbas ,

Are there plans for native, non-dark feature support for migrating all filters, boards, dashboards, and team calendars in the assistants?

Like Jean Dupree likes this
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Robert Horan 

Migrating dashboards and filters fall behind dark features and there's no plans yet to move them to native, non- dark feature

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 16, 2022

Thank you - I really appreciate it.  In that case can the documentation for migrating filters and boards be re-published? The only document I could find was a previously published support page, and it was cached by Google.

Also, if these are the only ways we can do this through the JCMA can these pages be linked to the JCMA documentation?  People may not know where or even how to look for it  if they don't know the feature exists, and time is running out on server licenses.

Also, anyone running a version after 1.6.5 and below 1.7.0 (where a fix is planned) is going to run into blocking errors and will need to downgrade the JCMA to use this feature.  They won't know this until they experience the problem, but would be easier if that known information was made available up front.  

All of this help is very much appreciated, and if it doesn't sound that way, please believe me when I say I am only interested in making a good thing better.

Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2022

Hi @Robert Horan ,

I'll relay your feedback to the relevant team and thank you for your genuine interest to make things better :) 

Like Robert Horan likes this
1 vote
Jean Dupree May 13, 2022

Is there at least a list of instructions we could follow to do this by hand?

Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2022
Jean Dupree May 16, 2022

Thanks but this seems experimental.  Dark feature? Am I gonna void my warranty doing this? 

What about filters and boards?  How do I get those?  What other things can I do with dark features?

0 votes
Jean Dupree May 16, 2022

There's a guy on Reddit who says its a small effort but I can't find anything to back that up. 

Can someone lay out the steps?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

If you get the steps on Reddit can you post them here?

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Duje Jurica You can check the below plugin, I am not sure about filter and dashboard but used for project migration may be they also supporting filters and dashboard as well.

because project migration also involves boards migrations and boards are mostly dependent on the filters so this plugin may be also migrating the filters  as well.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211147/project-configurator-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Duje Jurica May 10, 2021

It only works server <-> server and cloud <-> cloud, I am looking for server -> cloud

I am considering using regular restore.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events