Merge boards from different projects from Jira Cloud and migrate to Jira Server

Vedavalli Radhika September 30, 2021

I am new to Jira and we are working on merging boards from different projects from Jira Cloud and migrate them to a new project on Jira Server.

We initially planned for import and export option. However, as the scenario is unique, we planned to involve a temporary jira server to migrate before moving to Prod server.

Please suggest best migration approaches, tools to use, strategies, best practices to consider for this unique scenario.

Thanks.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Vedavalli Radhika , If you mean just boards without issues, you can combine those two filters and create new one manually in cloud. If you have issues and other configuration to be migrated as well then you can also use Project Configurator for Jira

Vedavalli Radhika October 7, 2021

@Aswin Achuthan We do have issues populated in the boards. However, the customer does not want to use any additional plugins like Project Configurator. 

Is it possible to use the existing options like export to achieve this?

1.  One thought process is to do an export of the issues from individual projects using "Export to CSV" option and merge the required issues and migrate.

2. Is there a way to perform export of all other components - users, permissions, roles, components, workflows, screens etc.,

0 votes
Abraham Durrant October 4, 2021

Hello @Aswin Achuthan

This is not an easy question and depending on the situation could take weeks (or more), just to analyze.

Since you are new to Jira - I would really recommend utilizing an Atlassian Partner. They specialize in doing these migrations/merges and can really help your team understand how to use Jira. As well, help sidestep all of the potential problems that may arise during a complicated migration such as this.

I know this isn't an answer, but I would feel remiss trying to give you all that it would take to get this migrated, without knowing the full background or specifics.

https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/

Thanks,

Abe

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events