MIgrating from one JIRA Cloud to another - setup question

Connie Donlon March 19, 2020

I am planning a merge of one JIRA Cloud instance to another. I have opted to import through CSV. The instructions note to recreate the project and setup the project configurations on the target site. I have setup everything in the target instance but wonder if I need to also setup the 'Releases' in the target site before migrating or will the releases be migrated during the import? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Marcelo Horlle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2020

Hi Connie,

Hope this message finds you well! The CSV Methodology consists of pretty much exporting issues to a file to later import them on a different instance.

I am not familiar with the 'Releases' field though, assuming it is a field. Jira can manage releases through the usage of the Fix Version(s) and Affects Version(s) fields. If you need these imported, all you need to do is to ensure that they are selected as part of your JQL filter that will be exported to CSV to be later imported to another instance.

Now, if by 'Releases' you meant something else, I'd like to ask you to clarify where it exists by either sending a screenshot or explaining further so we can determine together whether that's migrated or not.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Marcelo

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events