Jira import Server to Cloud : Disable notifications

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi, 

I'm looking to test a Jira Cloud migration from a Jira Server and would like to avoid triggering email notifications to our current Jira users.

How can I do this when doing a full site import from a Jira backup in a Cloud instance ? In my experience users automatically receive an email when their account is created.

Any ideas ? 

Thanks !

1 answer

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert ,

Good day. Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Q. I'm looking to test a Jira Cloud migration from a Jira Server and would like to avoid triggering email notifications to our current Jira users.

A. Please note that by default migration shouldn't send any email notification to user. However it is recommend to choose Disable Outgoing mail option during Validation phase of Site import.
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 7.15.11 PM.png

Q. How can I do this when doing a full site import from a Jira backup in a Cloud instance ? In my experience users automatically receive an email when their account is created.

A. Please note that if the user accounts are created manually an Notification is sent to the user. However if the site import adds the user, it is not expected to send an invitation to the user.

Let us know if you have any question on the above.

-Sri

Kevin Price February 13, 2024

Does this feature limit ONLY Jira cloud outgoing emails or Atlassian too?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events