Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira User Profile Info Sync/Display from LDAP

Harry Rumble November 5, 2020

Hello,

My institution is preparing to migrate to Jira/Confluence Cloud later this year and I have a question on a critical functionality we currently use on-prem.

We use the plugin "User Profile for Jira" to display additional LDAP attributes in the user profile, such as location, department, phone number. This plugin does not have a cloud version.

My question is, does Atlassian Access for the Cloud, provide the functionality to display any attribute coming from LDAP/AD, or is it only used to provision user accounts from LDAP/AD integration? 

Would we need a cloud-version app such as "Azure AD Attributes to display info in user profiles?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julia Grießbach [Communardo] November 5, 2020

Hi Harry,

it is true currently User profiles for Jira is not available for Cloud.

Right now we are developing User Profiles for Confluence for Cloud.
User Profiles for Jira is in Conception phase, so if you have any suggestions or use cases feel free to contact us.

We look forward to your message!

Kind Regards

Julia
Communardo Support

Harry Rumble November 6, 2020

Thank you Julia!

Do you happen to know if Atlassian Access has that type of functionality?

Maria Händler November 9, 2020

Hello Harry,

no other attributes can be synchronized with Access - beyond the information provided in the Atlassian profile.
For the examples you mention: Location (Based in) and Department are possible, Phone number is not.

Here you can find a link to an issue related to that topic: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6615 

So yes, right now you need an app to help you with that.

Kind regards

Maria
Product Owner at Communardo

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events