Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk Automation: Waiting on Customer

Edited

In my previous position using a different CRM system, i was able to perform the following automation rule:  

Step 1 - If a ticket is in "Waiting on Customer" status for more than 1 day, the customer gets an email notification

Step 2 - If after 2 days, they get a second notification

Step 3 - if after 3 days, the ticket is transitioned to our 24HR close status, with a corresponding email as well.

this sequence should be consecutive, and not repeating.

Although Jira has relatively extensive automation components, i am unable to find anything that closely resembles the above rule.

any suggestions or assistance is appreciated.  Though I am not new to IT or ITSM based products, I am new to Jira itself

UPDATE:  i was able to create something that seems to work using Legacy Automation, but had to create 3 separate rules.  If possible i would like something cleaner 

Thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 06, 2021

Hi @marc_blascak,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Have a look at the automation library, in it there is an automation called "Resolve issues due to inactivity" which you could use are your base for the rule you are looking for. In order to combine all three rules, schedule the rule to run every day and then add a branch that checks when the request was last updated.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 06, 2021

Something like this

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 2.19.33 PM.png

Like # people like this

thanks for the detailed response!  I will test this out and let you know how it goes.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

⭐️ Star in a Migrations Marketing Video! ⭐️

Hi all! Our Migrations Marketing team is looking for customers who have migrated over 1,000 users to Atlassian Cloud (Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, or Bitbucket) to be feature...

194 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you