Introducing the first Cloud Migration Roundup!

It’s all treats and no tricks for our first migration roundup. Each month, we will share the latest migration tips, cloud updates, and special offers.

cloud-migration-boxes@2x.png

Monthly migration tip: Companies big and small should run test migrations!

A well-planned migration is a successful migration. Testing helps prepare for your launch, identify possible bugs and the steps needed to resolve them, and establish a clearer timeline for your live migration, including any expected downtime. Learn more by checking out our migration testing guide. Don’t worry, if you run into an issue using our migration tool, the Atlassian Support team is here to help.

Curious about Jira Software Cloud? Get up to speed on what’s new.

View our recent webinar and learn about the latest innovation in Jira Software Cloud (including live demos)! You'll learn best practices that can help you get more out of Jira Software, get a sneak-peek into Jira Software Cloud's roadmap, and discover key trends and primary research from Atlassian.

Considering migration? Explore with a free extended cloud trial.

Migrations don’t happen overnight. Planning, assessing, and testing are key to a successful migration. For a limited time, we’re offering existing Server and Data Center customers the opportunity to explore, assess, and migrate to cloud over time—at no cost. Extended cloud trials allow you to try both Standard and Premium plans to see which is right for you. Learn more.

Share your migration tips, content requests, or questions below! Be sure to click “watch” on the Cloud Migration collection to stay up to date on all things cloud migration.

4 comments

Comment

Nick Dring October 31, 2019

I got the email on this the other day.

We have tried the cloud version but when we work out the costs of moving to the cloud it's basically twice as much because Atlassian do not offer educational discounts for the cloud offering.

The pros and cons of going to the cloud I could maybe get over but not the price.

However if Atlassian ever apply edu pricing to their cloud offerings then I'd definitely be interested.

Cheers!

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

@Nick Dring

Good news! We do offer cloud discounts for qualified academic institutions. Beginning July 1, 2019, Atlassian offers Academic Cloud licensing at 50% off list price. Please note that Academic Cloud pricing includes Atlassian core products and Apps, and does not include third-party Marketplace Apps, Trello, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, Statuspage, or Jira Align. Contact Us to request Academic Cloud pricing for Atlassian core products and Apps, please include the URL for your Atlassian Cloud site (if you don't have one, sign up for an extended cloud trial).

Like # people like this
Nick Dring October 31, 2019

Thanks for the heads up. You should maybe think about publicising that. I don't remember seeing it anywhere. Anyway I've set up a cloud instance and contacted sales. So lets see how it goes.

Cheers

Nick

Like # people like this
Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

@Nick Dring appreciate the feedback! You can also learn more via our community post here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events