Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier to transfer ownership, or export+import?

Kirk Bratvold January 10, 2022

I work for Company AAA, developing a product for Company BBB.

The project's Jira and Confluence current reside in Jira+Confluence Cloud sites owned by Company AAA.  With as little disruption as possible, we want to hand the project over to Company BBB.  AAA simply needs to retain a historical snapshot of what's currently in Confluence.

1. I suppose one solution is for AAA to export everything in the site's Jira and Confluence and then BBB imports it into their own account.

2. Or AAA could just make their own export of Confluence and then transfer the entire aaa.atlassian.net account ownership to BBB.  Then BBB would just update the billing.

What technique would work best?  Why?

FWIW AAA only has this one project in Atlassian, so no worries about the transfer affecting anything else.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Kirk Bratvold 

I think it depends on the relationship (current and ongoing) and the expertise available or both AAA and BBB.

1 - The easy way (given there's only the 1 project in AAA's instance) - is to transfer ownership of the whole product. BBB can then chose to leave it as a stand-alone product, or migrate the data themselves. NB: If your product URL is AAA.atlassian.net, you may want to retain this for other purposes, so this option would give BBB "ownership" (rights) to AAA.atlassian.net

2 - The way I'd want to see it happen, if I was running BBB's systems, is that the project was moved in to BBB's environment, however if there's a lot of customisation (fields, workflows, statuses etc), then I'd require a cleanup before just doing a messy lift and shift

If the relationship has run it's course, and you're just looking for the minimal effort to cut ties, then #1. If you've got (and want to retain) a strong relationship, #2 is (IMO) the better option.

CCM

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events