Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a Service Desk Project to "Jira Work Management" project while doing site import

Baybars Kumbasar August 24, 2021

I am planning a cloud migration and we are going to use the "site import" method as we have a few JSD-type projects. One of those projects really should have been a "Jira Core/JWM" project type but I did not get to covert that project before. What would be the recommended way of getting both the cloud migration and the project type migration done? Can I do it all at once? Should I first migrate to the cloud and then do the migration? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Answer accepted
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Baybars Kumbasar ,

As you have full admin rights in server and access to DB if needed , you can convert the project first from Jira Service Management to Jira Core/JWM in server and then migrate to the cloud.  

Baybars Kumbasar September 2, 2021

Does that mean I can't convert a JSD project into a regular project once in cloud? 

Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021
Amanda Kostik January 27, 2022

Can you do something similar if you are converting JSD project into a regular project on jira server (not cloud)?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events