Need steps to migrate from On-premises database Server to Cloud

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hey @OMom2019 , happy to help. Below are a few resources and tools to help you make the move to cloud.

• The Cloud Migration Center is a great starting place if you haven't seen it yet. 
  • Our Confluence cloud migration documentation should have everything you need to get started and walk through each step of the process.
  • Depending on your license size, you may qualify for an Extended Cloud Trial which essentially grants you a free cloud license during the migration. 
  • Last but not least, we highly recommend using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant during migration. This should help flag any potential errors, allow you to choose which spaces/users/groups to migrate, and help assess moving your current apps (if you have any).

Best,

Miles

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Hi @OMom2019 

In addition to the brilliant resources and tools that @Miles B. has pointed you to. I would suggest you have a look at this video from Remote Summit on how Arm approached the move for 10,000 users to Cloud. This should give you some great pointers on how to think of the business strategy behind a migration to make sure you are not just transferring problems from one solution to another. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qjmNTWArrgw

(I will declare a personal interest in this one as I was involved in this migration and the presentation)

Hope this helps you have a successful migration.

Phill

Like Miles B. likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events