Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence if I don't have an existing cloud site yet?

Alina Arhipova January 5, 2022

Just want to understand if we need to create a cloud site first or it can be automatically created while migration proccess via Migration assistant

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hey @Alina Arhipova 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

There are 2 ways for this.

One has to create a Atlassian Cloud site with a preferred plan(Standard, Premium) i.e,. trail can be initiated for any Atlassian product and go with Migration. 

Also we an setup a free trail at one stage of Migration. At "Connect to Cloud" stage of the migration there is an option to setup the trail cloud site or connect to existing site and then initiate a migration. 

Hope you have gone through this URL https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/use-the-confluence-cloud-migration-assistant-to-migrate/

Regards,

Vishwas

Hello Vishwas,
Thank you for the answer and the link. It was of great help to me!

Like Vishwas likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hi Alina,

Good day. Hope you are doing good, Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Just want to understand if we need to create a cloud site first or it can be automatically created while migration proccess via Migration assistant

Please note that you would need to first create a cloud site with confluence before using the tool on the Confluence server. 

You can create a new site using below link:

Cheers,
Sri Kumar 

Patricia Ermisch _STAGIL_ January 5, 2022

Hello Alina, welcome to the community.
By opening the home section of the migration assistant and selecting "Manage your migration" in step 3, the assistant will ask you to connect to your cloud.

On the following page, you will have the option of either selecting an existing cloud site or using a Confluence Cloud Trial. With this option, you can then activate a migration trial for Confluence for the period of your still active on-premise licence. You can find the exact conditions for the migration trial here: https://www.atlassian.com/migration/assess/cloud-migration-trial

Otherwise, you can select the free plan on the Atlassian website under Products -> Confluence -> Pricing. However, keep in mind the restriction of users and functions in the free plan.
I hope this helps you.
Greetings,
Patty

Like Alina Arhipova likes this

Hello Sri Kumar,
Thank you for the answer and the link. It was of great help to me!

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for such an informative answer. 
It was of great help to me!

Patricia Ermisch _STAGIL_ January 5, 2022

No problem, you're welcome.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events