Profile Name with underline

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2020

Hi All,

I was wondering, why my profile name has an underline?

name_with_underline.png

But in my atlassian account there is no underline. 

profile_name.png

Is this normal or can I change it? 

Regards, Dominic

3 comments

Comment

Jamie Echlin _ScriptRunner - The Adaptavist Group_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2020

I think same with all of them... my name starting displaying as JAMIE_A, I have no idea why. In Atlassian account my name looks correct.

Let's see how this is displayed now...

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Jamie Echlin _ScriptRunner - The Adaptavist Group_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2020

Now something completely different... sigh.

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2020

This is strange... 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Howdy,

I see you noticed the underscores on usernames here in Community.  This is explained in our release notes from earlier this month in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/Community-release-notes-for-March-4-2020/ba-p/1318162

Updated: Recently, a significant number of users started encountering issues with logging in when they had special characters in their names; even spaces were being considered special characters in some cases. In order to resolve that friction, blank spaces are now being replaced_with_underscores_in_all_usernames. It isn’t pretty, and it isn’t permanent, but it’s here for now. Once we’re able to find a better fix, we’ll let you know. But in the meantime, the login issues have stopped, so hooray for that.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but it does help other users be able to at least get signed into our Community site.  This is an on going process and we're working with our site vendor to improve this behavior.

Thanks

Andy_Heinzer  (see what I did there?)

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

Thank you for your answer. I understand the situation. 

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

I noticed the underscores when I signed in recently too. I decided to change my display name to just Stef to get around it. 

Thanks for the heads-up about the issue, @Andy Heinzer 👋

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Happy to help. Sorry this happens, but it was really bad to have users wanting to contribute and not be able to at all.  But now I'm thinking about changing my username here in Community to be I_for_one_welcome_our_underscore_overlords.  Yeah, just feels silly and I like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKx3JlTnHbc

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events