Is answering disabled?

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi,
I cant answer questions. I just have the answer field but no submit answer.
I just want to be sure if it's not me.
I dont have any problem with submitting comments in discussions.
Anyone else have this problem?

5 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Hi Gustavo,

I assume you are talking about answering questions in the Community? I have been able to answer all day w/o issues. Can you explain what you are seeing? Have you ever been able to answer a question previously?

Like Dave Liao likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Hey Jack - I am having the same problem, but it is kind of random and started about an hour ago.

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Yes, in Community.
@John Funk  just confirm he has the same problem.
I think is a recent problem, maybe like 2 hours ago.
You can try to answer a question, but an answer button wont show up.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

Hi Gustavo - I am having the same issue. I have reported to Atlassian. 

Like Gustavo Félix likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

Gustavo - Try clearing your cache. That worked for me and some others. 

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

I tried like 30 minutes ago on incognito and on edge , but it didn't work.
I tried again and it works fine know.
Thanks!

Like John Funk likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 24, 2020

There was an issue that lasted ~45 minutes which is not resolved. You may need to clear your cache is the problem persists for you.

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

Thanks!

Like Kat Warner likes this
George Mihailoff September 24, 2020

Love this meta-thread, a question about questions!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

I don't mean to wax philosophical, but...

Is the purpose of a question to simply receive an answer or rather to: assess knowledge, identify gaps in knowledge or possibly assess ones ability to transfer knowledge? 

Like George Mihailoff likes this
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2020

I answered a question earlier today. The answer displayed and when I reloaded the page, the answer was gone.

Not going to waste my time for a while.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events