Hi, I'm Joe and I am working to reduce the number of Jira Service Desk Agents

Joe Pursel September 11, 2020

We plan to migrate from Jira Software Server to Jira Software Data Center in 2021 and before we do, we need to reduce the number of Jira Service Desk Agents, currently all 10,000 users have a Service Desk Agent license, before migrating to Jira Data Center due to the cost of maintaining 10,000 agents is significantly higher than it is for Jira Server.

In addition, many teams are migrating from Software Projects to Service Desk Projects and we want to have a standardized Jira Service Desk Permission Scheme for all Service Desk Projects.

If anyone on the Community has successfully performed a task like the one above, please let me know as I would love to hear how you accomplished the task changing the Jira Project and System configuration items.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

Cheers!

Joe

5 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2020

Hi Joe! So nice to meet you :). Sounds like you have some big projects ahead of you - I'm sure this Community would benefit from your experience! I'll keep an eye out for folks who have accomplished a similar feat. Cheers!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Welcome to the group @Joe Pursel!

That sounds like quite the task you have ahead of you.  I've never seen what 10,000 users looks like having only worked at a company with ~150 employees who all have Jira access.

Good Luck!

Nirmani Kalakheti
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2020

@Joe Pursel , Welcome!

It seems like that you have a big project. And, we are also consolidating 3 Jira servers in to 1 DC. 

May I ask, what are the no of users/employees that interacts with 10K agents?

@Bridget , Is there a back channel that Answerer can chat if there is Non-disclosures items?

Joe Pursel September 17, 2020

Hi @Nirmani Kalakheti

Nearly all of them.

Joe

Like Nirmani Kalakheti likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2020

Hello and Welcome, Joe!

We are glad you are here!!

Joe Pursel September 17, 2020

Thank you @John Funk 

Joe

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2020

@Joe Pursel Welcome, welcome!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2021

You can think of identifying the service desk agents who have not logged-in in last xx days and send them a notification to login or if no action is taken, get their account deactivated on specified date.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events