E-Mails Notifications from Community Kudos Pilot

Christoph October 27, 2020

Hey I don't know where to put it, but I've been getting a lot of emails from Atlassian Groups for days from groups I don't know, I've never entered and I also can't enter.

I even think I shouldn't be able to see the content if I'm not part of the groups. I think you have a real security problem here.

Screenshot_2020-10-27_at_10_47_42.jpg

12 comments

Comment

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Me too. VERY ANNOYING !!!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 27, 2020

@Marc Minten _EVS_ sorry about this! This should be fixed for you. If you are still having issues, please let me know!

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Thanks.

But can we also know how our account get used in a group we not member of, we don't know, we do not have access to ???

Quite worrying from a security and privacy point of view !

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 6, 2020

@Marc Minten _EVS_ A small group of community users was selected to participate in the Atlassian Community Kudos pilot and as part of that, you were added to a private group for pilot participants.

Unfortunately, by default, notifications were turned on for posts in that group. As you saw, this led to messages that probably felt confusing and spammy being sent out to you.

We deleted this group completely to stop the spam emails, and instead created a new group that is opt-in only. (You can see the link to it on your kudos dashboard by clicking Kudos at the top right of your screen.) 

Going forward, we will not add members to any of our groups again without explicit opt-in.  

Let me know if you have any more questions about this, again I'n very sorry!

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2020

@Erica Moss @Monique vdB @Darline 

Not sure if this is something you guys need to see?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 27, 2020

@Liam Green thanks so much for the ping. 

Like Liam Green likes this
Tomáš Vrabec October 27, 2020

For me as well. Receiving mail from group I never subscribed to. 

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

Please check for the notification setup here and see if there are any options needs to be turned off based on your preference.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings 

This group or topic does not appear in my notifiaction-settings. I can't turn it off and when I click on the topic in the email I get "Message not found". I now also get emails from people complaining about it in the topic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like Yevgen Lasman likes this
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2020

The same, looks like we're forced to participate in that community group 😏

From the other hand, I deleted messaged several days in my mailbox and now it automatically goes to Junk. Will see how it will work further 💁🏼‍♂️

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 6, 2020

@Yevgen Lasman yes, as mentioned above by being selected for the pilot we did force you to participate in the group. This was definitely a mistake, and the group is opt-in now, and you can turn off your notifications as well. I hope this helps. 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

+1

Please stop notify :) 

Zaphnet October 27, 2020

So What kind of Catch22 is this?

I get SPAMMED without asking for it!

All links are "deleted"

All complaints about SPAMMING are deleted.

And to be able to complain about getting SPAMMED I have to join the group that is spamming - and by doing so I consent to get SPAMMED?!?!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 27, 2020

@Zaphnet the group was replaced with an opt-in group to stop the notifications hitting your inbox.  I'm sorry the complaint messages are no longer available as it was the best and fastest way to solve the problem! But we are still listening right here if you have more feedback to provide. 

So I think I have solved it now, besides my private account I also have a professional Atlassian account and could unfollow this community.

But it doesn't explain why I follow a community and get emails from it, which I don't know and never asked for. 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 27, 2020

@Christoph for added context, you were part of a very limited number of community members allowed in the Atlassian Kudos pilot and that came along with membership in the group. That's why you got the emails in the first place. This should be fixed now; again, sorry about any frustration or confusion!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 27, 2020

@Christoph @Yevgen Lasman @Zaphnet @Gonchik Tsymzhitov @Bibek Behera thanks for this. 

In response to your feedback about unwanted notifications, we've removed the group completely and replaced it with an opt-in only group. The new group is here for anyone who would like to request access. You will no longer get notifications unless you join the new group. 

Thank you again for the feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this caused you! 

Like # people like this
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2020

Thank you. Requested access to the new group 🤗

Like Monique vdB likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2020

Thank you! :) 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

@Monique vdB Is this group open to anyone to join?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 6, 2020

@Liam Green unfortunately not at this time, we have a limited number of seats in the pilot. (However as a new Community Leader, you will be automatically added. 😉) 

Like Liam Green likes this
Tanya C October 27, 2020

I'm getting emails too - and my mailbox is full up.  Please take me out of the group I'm not a member of.  I have no way to remove myself.  :(

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 27, 2020

@Tanya C you should not be getting emails anymore as you are not in the new group! So sorry to fill up your mailbox. 

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

@Monique vdB 

I am kudos tester

today, group access is blocked:

image.png

yesterday, I could post there.

also, I got points today

image.png

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Did this group finally get deleted?

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.52.19 AM.png

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2021

Since the official group for Kudos feedback doesn't appear to be open anymore, I'm going to put this here. I feel like this Challenge is not promoting work/life balance. (As I make a post on the weekend in order to earn it.) 🤣 

weekend.png

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2021

Hi, community!

Anyone else having issues giving kudos lately?  It seems when I search for specific people by name I often get "no results" in the search.

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events