Become an Atlassian Community Leader

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 10, 2020

Greetings, Answerers!

As a prolific answerer if questions in the Atlassian Community, you are uniquely positioned to join our elite group of volunteer experts who serve as connectors, ambassadors, and mentors, better known as the Community Leaders program. Folks with this official title do many of the things you’re already doing, like answering questions, while also serving as community representatives for internal focus groups, hosting and presenting at events, welcoming new members, and various other activities.

In return, we offer them free Atlassian certification exams, tickets to Summit, access to internal teams, members-only spaces, and much more.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, we invite you to join our upcoming info session on October 8, where you can learn about what it takes to be a strong candidate, and hear first-hand from a current Leader what the program is all about. Hope you see you there!

RSVP link: http://bit.ly/aclwebinaroct

See you there 😀

26 comments

Comment

David Willson September 11, 2020

As a community leader here in Canada I HIGHLY recommend it! The people are amazing, you really do learn so much about the breadth and depth that Atlassian productions hold. Being connected to so many smart people helps in many ways. I personally really enjoy helping new people to Atlassian products not make the same mistakes I did when I first started.... ah back in the day :). Highly highly recommend it. Very much worth a consideration.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2020

We're lucky to have you as part of the fam, @David Willson :) 

Like # people like this
Jim Ryan September 11, 2020

Hi, I'm happy to contribute what knowledge I have to the other users...

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. September 11, 2020

Hi everyone, I'm so glad that I was invited to join this group and I look forward to being able to help others, just like I have been helped by many before.

Like # people like this
Josh Hahn September 11, 2020

Hello out there :) Thx for the invitation!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

I 100% echo the comments that @David Willson has already made.  If you have enjoyed the interactions in the Atlassian Community and want to know how you can get more involved, please check out this webinar, you won't be disappointed!

Like # people like this
Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Hi everyone.

Thank you for the invitation. I am excited to belong to this group.

I work with Atlassian products (mainly Confluence) already for seven years and although I cannot say I am a huge expert on it I think I can be of assistance to others with the knowledge I've acquired so far.

Cheers,

Vitor

Like # people like this
Anna September 14, 2020

Hello everyone, 

Happy to be included in this group. Hope I'll make you benefit from my experience in Jira Cloud, Confluence cloud, etc.. that I have since 5 years, and I hope you'll enlighten me on some answers I might look for

Have a nice day

Like # people like this
Richard Quadling September 14, 2020

Please do not repeat this exercise again. I've received a lot of spam completely unrelated to any support question I have outstanding.

I'm leaving this group.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

Sorry to hear about your experience - hopefully you're not getting any more unwanted emails?

Definitely be sure to unwatch any groups you're not interested in, or tweak your notifications as-needed.

Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Hi everybody, very very happy to be here! :) Let's contribute together!

Like # people like this
Asha Gomez
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for inviting me to join here. And privileged to assist based on the knowledge I have acquired  so far. :)

Like # people like this
Carl September 15, 2020

Still young to the community, but happy to be here!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2020

I totally recommend signing up, it‘s such a blast interacting other leader and the awesome communiteam. And building up a regional community with so many interesting people. 

Like # people like this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

I am in.....

Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

Me too. :)

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

Registered for the event and looking ahead for joining the event.

Like Vitor LC likes this
Chrissy Clements January 11, 2021

I'm a bit late to this party, is the initiative still open? 

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2021

Hi everyone!  

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

If anyone is unsure about whether they should become a leader, my advice is just go for it!

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Mark Jestings August 10, 2021

Hi!

Are they any standards as to who can be a community leader?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 16, 2021

@Mark Jestings yes! You may find the community journey post helpful and check out the Leaders overview page when you are ready to apply! 

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

There will be new community leaders ?

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 16, 2021

@Carlos Faddul yes we are always open to onboarding amazing new leaders!

Like Carlos Faddul likes this
Paul Taylor November 30, 2021

Hi Bridget, I posted a question and a community member thought we needed to ask Atlassian support.. i did and I have the answer but i can't find my way back to that original post - can you help ? :-)

Anderson Hsu December 17, 2021

I am so glad to do it. How can I join it? Thanks a lot.

Makboulath Raoufou January 9, 2023

Wow, thanks for the info

Geetanjali Sharma February 2, 2023

Hello Everyone,

Happy to be part of this group!!.. excited to learn and share knowledge..

Juan Felipe Garcia Carreño February 7, 2023

Greetings everyone, 

Is this still going on? I'm currently working my way on becoming an Atlassian expert, so feel free to ask me for help.

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2023

And finally I also applied for the Atlassian Community Leader. Excited for the application process and results.

@Bridget @Monique vdB Thanks for sharing the information about the Community Volunteer Journey.

Like Twoj Pan likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2024

Congratulations, @Sanjog Sigdel !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events