Announcing the Cloudies! ☁️

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 15, 2020

Hello Answerers!

We have a fun challenge for you, an initiative we are calling The Cloudies! We want to encourage users to answer questions about our cloud products, and if you can answer 30 cloud questions before the end of the year, you could win a Cloudie!

What is a Cloudie?

It’s this, your new gender-neutral cloud friend, who is being turned into a three-dimensional stuffed companion as we speak. With a cute little tag and everything!

Cloudie_highres.png

Okay I will die if I do not get one of those.

I know, right?

Tell me what to do again…

Answer 30 Cloud questions, starting now. We anticipate we have enough Cloudies for everyone who does this in the next 6 weeks! That’s 5 questions per week, 1 question per work day. You can do it!

The contest will be open through the end of the year or while supplies last.

How will you know if they are cloud questions?

All our cloud questions are tagged with the word cloud. You can get a feed of those questions here. But we also love server and data center questions, and you can always answer those too! The Cloudies are for everyone! It’s just that our cloud offerings are great, and clouds are cute.

I am a thoughtful answerer, but what if people just spam a bunch of random answers really fast and take my Cloudie from me!?

Do not fear! We will exclude people providing low-quality or spam answers from the contest. Report any shenanigans via the “Report to moderators” button. And to avoid getting flagged, brush up on all the great resources for answerers right here in the Atlassian Answerers group.

Will you let us know how we’re doing?

Sure! We will check in a couple weeks from now and see who’s on track.

Can Cloudies be shipped worldwide?

Yes! The Cloudies have passports to almost every country. Our Cloud Answerers from Russia will be awarded a special prize of equivalent value*

*Equivalent cuteness not guaranteed

Other questions?

Ask away in the comments. Good luck, your Cloudie awaits!

42 comments

Comment

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020
  1. Hi @Monique vdB will try to be first cloudie...
Like # people like this
thiy pasqthie June 21, 2023

hi

Like Dan Breyen likes this
Jim Ryan September 15, 2020

This is a great idea! I can't wait for my cloudie.\

By the way, it would be great if we "Answerers" could have some kind of badge identifying us on the community as "Answerers". And for those who earn a "Cloudie" maybe a specific badge like "Atlassian Cloud Expert" or something?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 15, 2020

@Jim Ryan thanks for the suggestions! We'll see what we can do about a Cloudies badge of some type; stay tuned. 

Also you may be interested in this upcoming webinar, since Community Leaders get special badges, lozenges, and swag... ;) 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Monique vdB I LOVE this idea!  Count me in!  Also I think Tony Stark sums up my feeling upon first reading this:

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

Ok actually @Monique vdB I do have a question.  Are we talking 30 answers or does it have to be 30 accepted answers?  I saw the note about high quality answers but you can post a high quality answer that doesn't get accepted.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 15, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon 30 answers, they do not have to be accepted to count towards the Cloudies. :) 

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2020

Not familiar with cloud 😢😢😢 is there a Serverie too?! 🤔😊😉

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 15, 2020

@nina_schmidt: Well we didn't make a stuffed server, but you can still win a Cloudie!

"we also love server and data center questions, and you can always answer those too! The Cloudies are for everyone!"

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2020

I neeeed a server stuftie!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2020

Started answering... hope I‘ll earn one of them 🤩 ... but I fear I am spamming because of welcoming newbies 🤣🙈

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ and @nina_schmidt here is Serverie, just for you:

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 12.43.52 PM.png

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2020

*freaking out* what a cutie!!! 🤗🤩

@Monique vdB what do we have to do!?! 👏☺️

Like Dan Breyen likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2020

@Monique vdB - I'd totally play with Serverie! 😂

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2020

6 down, only 24 to go.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 16, 2020

@Kat Warner looked to see who has the most so far, no surprise, it's a tie between @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and @Jack Brickey. ;) 

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2020

Depends on the quality of the answer I guess :)

Good thing server questions also count! Must... have... Cloudiee!!!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

Fun! guess I'll have to live even more on the community pages :)

When we consider answers tho is this just an actual answer or an accepted answer? (just because not everyone actually accepts an answer even tho it's the right solution)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 16, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans yes, it's just an answer, does not have to be accepted for the exact reason you mention!

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

Yes I need it.

Like # people like this
Kristina Radeva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

I need a Cloudie in my life!!!!!!! 

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
September 28, 2020

Honestly, who doesn't?! 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2020

Speed up!

Hope to complete 30 cloud Q&A challenges before October.

Like Bridget likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

I will have one, for sure!

It would be great have the community badge too. :)

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2020

My control says I will have a cloudie! :) goal achieved

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

@Monique vdB what are the current scores? 🤓

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

@Monique vdB @nina_schmidt 

I really want to know the current scores too!

Like nina_schmidt likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2020

me too ^_^

Like # people like this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

I need one too, would be great to have the standings

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 28, 2020
Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Thank you @Monique vdB 🙌

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2020

@Monique vdB - how are we all doing? 😜

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

For anyone who hasn't seen it, progress report #1 is here!

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2020

@Monique vdB - This is a really a great initiative and I would love to have my Cloudie :)

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

... bed time in Central Europe... and I am pretty sure there is no Cloudie for me... 😢 good luck to all of you that have some hours left 😉

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

"before the end of the year, you could win a Cloudie!"

almost died! LOL

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

@nina_schmidt you have until the end of the year, not the end of the month!  Don't give up up yet!  You can still do it!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 30, 2020

Yeah you have plenty of time @nina_schmidt!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon - I totally misread Monique's post and thought it was end of month. If I had known, I'd have calmed down on my posting this past weekend 😂

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2020

Sorry for rising blood pressure here—>  this  happens when you desperately want a Cloudie 🙈

... but up there it says 6 weeks, so end of October... We have 4 weeks left, not end of year and not end September. 🙈 @Monique vdB @Jimmy Seddon @Dave Liao @Patricia Francezi  Or did I missread another date?!

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

She just wanted to say that is feasible, meaning if you answer 1 a day, you wont have the cloudie away...

LOL

Like Liam Green likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

should not use my mobile to read the Community articles ;-(

totally missed the first "end of year" info

@Patricia Francezi 

... yes, I won't have the Cloudie, anyway ;-) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 1, 2020

@nina_schmidt I don't know why I counted 6 weeks left in 2020. To be fair, there have been approximately 3,549 weeks in 2020 so far and I might just be ready to have it over.

You have through the end of the year or while supplies last! 

Like # people like this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2020

2020 ... when every day is the same, and every week is the same, and you hardly get out of your office or keyboard ... been staring at the screen pretty much since March unless the eyes are closed.

Christmas has to be ages away, we still got the summer to come yet ... havnt we, that thing where you have holidays and everybody goes flying off the the sun.

You'll be telling me Christmas is cancelled next.

@Monique vdB  My kids are going to want come live at yours if Chrismas is in your diary and in six weeks ... their enough time for them to get back to mine unless I've rented the rooms out and found space in some orphanage.

Like nina_schmidt likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

It's interesting and real fun to participate and see a Cloudie. I'm good to start answering and learn from this community.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2020

I didnt even know they were doing cloudies till I got told I was getting one, now I've got told, I'm really wanting it lol.

I'm guessing you have our addresses on file somewhere from signing up or how do you know where to send them.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 5, 2020

@Stephen Addis well in that case, surprise! you deserve one!

@Kyren Wong is working with me and she will be collecting your address, so stay tuned for a message from her. 

Like Kyren Wong likes this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

@Monique vdB  Was a surprise, rather nice one.  Guess going to have to tell the Mrs where I spend my time on the net once my 4 kids start fighting over it.  They range from 3 to 8, and love these things.

And the Mrs will of thought I was just shopping on ebay or some other waste of time ... or on the sewing scrubs for the NHS (national health servce) ... the UK's covid PPE shortage sew at home network where I found myself pretty much coordinating the national effort pulling it together as could see the offers of help falling through the net. 

Had I had Trello, would of been even better ... you try coordinating via FB group threads lol.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scrubbers-united-for-the-nhs?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

@Monique vdB 

Time for update two?

I feel like I'm nearly at 30, and need a cuddly cloudie push to get me there! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 5, 2020

@Liam Green this week we'll be doing another update, yes!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2020

@Monique vdB I've seen the update....I did it!!

Peggy (the pug) is already excited about the cuddly cloudie she can nap with!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 7, 2020
Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

So cute!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

soo cute!!!! ⛅️☺️

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2020

@Monique vdB just can't wait more to receive it..

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Love it

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

I feel like I'm getting close to having one of these myself! I can feel all the cuddles from this amazing work of art!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Me too ...I have x 1/3 accomplished. 

ncdc hải phòng November 17, 2020

Love it, it's very nice

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

@Monique vdB how can we manage ourselves?

I was pretty sure I met the goal.... 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 7, 2020

@Patricia Francezi important note that our data is on a short delay. I have you at 29 as of October 5, so I'm guessing you will be in the next group of Cloudie winners once the data is refreshed! 

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 7, 2020

And way to go @Patricia Francezi you're killing it!!

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

I missed one from my personal control then.

Next week I will have time to go for it!

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2020

@Monique vdB I haven't had any info yet about where my cloudie is in the world!  I don't think he knows where to find me...

Also, do we get a badge as well?

Like Stephen Addis likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2020

@Monique vdB same with me and my cloudie as well :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 13, 2020

@Liam Green and @Niranjan  I will check in with @Kyren Wong but I don't think they have shipped yet!

Like Liam Green likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

Well don’t think anybody has provided a shipping address yet so :)

Like Dave Liao likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB as part of this thread, I'm waiting for the mailers on where to post answers or access questions related to Cloud. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 13, 2020

@G subramanyam here is a link to all of the unanswered cloud questions:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/cloud/tg-p/interaction-style/qanda?sort=recent&unanswered=true

And here are the ones with the most views so they need some extra help:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/cloud/tg-p/interaction-style/qanda?sort=views&unanswered=true

Thanks in advance for helping with these!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

Perfect for an evening on the couch!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2020

@Monique vdB has there been an update on any new recipients of a Cloudie recently?  I think I should have made the list by now.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2020

I am 2/3 there 🧐 I think 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 22, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon Kyren is going to post an update today! Fingers crossed. 

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

I want this!!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2020

Shame on me. I don't know how it is possible, but I completely missed this announcement. Just started this week and I hope I will get my cloudie. I feel I need this one in my life :-).

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

@Monique vdB 

How do y'all know where to ship these stuffed Cloudies?

Does that have something to do with the random and uninformative email I got from @Kyren Wong asking for my personal information (address and phone number)?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

Uninformative?

My mail (while short) was basically "I would like your address to send your Cloudie", can't be much more clear than that :D

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Considering I haven't been participating in this Cloudies community, and can't find any emails about it sent to me in months, I feel the email inadequately explained its purpose. I didn't even know what a Cloudie was or why somebody wanted to send me one. I had to do internet and Atlassian community searches to try to figure out if the email was legitimate. It looked like a phish to me:

- It was unsolicited.

- It contained grammatical errors.

- It asked for personal information.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2020

@Trudy Claspill it's good to be cautious and thanks for the feedback on the email. You should also have been mentioned in Kyren's progress reports, which give some context for those who might not realize they have won a Cloudie! 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

@Monique vdB 

I am not finding my name in any of the 5 posted progress reports. 

My company is part of the cybersecurity industry and our employees are periodically tested with phishing emails. It has made me me hyper-vigilant concerning any unsolicited email asking for contact info. :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

Interestingly enough @Monique vdB I am mentioned in one of @Kyren Wong's posts and I have not received a request for information about the Cloudie.

This might have been a phishing attempt.  Good call out @Trudy Claspill!

Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon I've only sent out emails for people whose address I don't have so far! Usually community leaders would have their info in the system, but don't worry I'll definitely come back to the people I do have address for and double check if I have the correct address on file! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 20, 2020

@Trudy Claspill I checked in with @Kyren Wong and indeed, you are in progress report #6, which hasn't been posted yet! In the future we'll make sure the progress report goes up before the email goes out, so users have some context for the email. And we'll put more info in the email itself too.  

And thank you for answering questions on the community, it's so appreciated and I hope you do enjoy your Cloudie :) 

Like Kyren Wong likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

@Kyren Wong - I saw my name in the latest announcement - The Cloudies Progress Report #7, however I didn't receive your email on requesting for my address confirmation yet.  Can you advise?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2020

Had the email for the send address, as we were in progress report #1, although nothing has turned up yet.  Have they started shipping yet ? (were in UK ... Europe or European Union till end of month lol).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events