Capacity planning

diomar garcia October 20, 2021

am having the same issue of not being able to see the sprints in the timeline. I have the following setup :

1) Issue source is associated with a board

2) Issues are assigned to team members

3) Team assigned to a board

4) Board is a scrum board and sprints are created from the board

5) My view settings: Grouped by Team or Sprint and Show capacity on timeline is selected

I still do the see  the sprints in the timeline. What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Greg Williams (ZTR) October 20, 2021

Hi diomar,

Are your issues assigned to the Team as well (not just a member of the team)? 

If you’re unable to select a Team for an issue, the Team field likely needs to be added to the issue screens.

Hi Greg. Thanks for taking my question . If I may ask maybe a silly question...When you say "issues assigned to the Team", do you mean if I have assigned a resource to each issue? If not then, I may be missing that step and I  do not know where to go to do it. Thank you.

I meant to say, I have assigned resources to each issue.

Like Deleted user likes this

Okay. I got the answer to your question regarding if I am unable to select a team for an issue. The answer is "yes" I am able to select a Team field to each issue. 

Hi Diomar,

In the Fields drop-down, you should be able to add the Team field (see image below). You need to select the appropriate team for each issue that you want to include in your capacity planning. 

So, add the Team field to the list of fields you're viewing in your plan, and select the appropriate value for some issues. Maybe you'll have to refresh, but you should see the sprints in the timeline.

If you cannot select a value in the Team field, then you need to add the Team field to the issue screens for the issues included in your plan. 

FYI - the Team field is included as part of Advanced Roadmaps. It can be added to your issue create/view/edit screens like any other field.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. 

team.png

Like # people like this

Exactly, I was able to do so as your screenshot shows. I can see the team name populated in the scope area for each issue. 

Now that you've selected a Team for some issues, select the Sprint capacity management view and you should see the sprints. If not, I would check to confirm that the board associated to the team is the same one selected in your plan, and that the team's Team type field is set to "Scrum". 

Thanks so much, Greg. As I was reviewing the Teams assigned to each Issue, I noticed that it was the wrong team. However, I was able to select the right one and it worked. 

So I am good. Thanks so much :-). Truly appreciate it. 

Excellent! I'm glad it's working now, and I'm happy to help. Take care!

Like # people like this

Thanks again.. I am so happy :-)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer