Tons of spam from this group today?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

2020-09-11_19-14-48.png

5 comments

Comment

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

I wasn't even a member of this group. When I clicked on any of the links in the emails to "view post" it said post not found.

Akira Higuchi September 11, 2020

Hi, Scott

I've got emails just like you. But when I clicked on links, I could open post.

For example, "view post" is enable.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Same here. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2020

I think because that group is invitation only, you need to be logged in in order to see the posts.  If you didn't have an active session you would get the "post not found" message.  I got that same message this morning before I had logged in.

Tomáš Vrabec September 11, 2020

Wth is this? Woke up and full inbox of strange welcome messages!! 

Like Kyle Moseley likes this
Drew Heasman September 12, 2020

Same here, we seem to be getting emails from new users to "Atlassian Answerers" saying hello.

Select Unwatch from this page to stop getting the emails: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Answerers/gp-p/Answerers

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2020

Overnight Atlassian Answerers have increased and so many "Hi", "Hello" messages.. What's happening?

felix.weber September 13, 2020

Besides having everybody creating their own post maybe having just one Post where everybody can introduce themselves if they want to might decrease the "new post" notifications ? 

I guess https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Answerers/Introduce-yourselves-Atlassian-Answerers/gpm-p/1297865 will already be overseen

But I didn´t get that much spam as you guys! (or I was fast enough to filter them  ;) 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events