Roadmap for Jira (Data Center)

Pooja Devlal September 14, 2020

There is need of  a better way to manage and schedule epics at a high level to drive our roadmap and predict our delivery schedule. 

Which roadmaps plugin is helpful for above requirement?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=roadmaps%20jira

Please suggest

Thanks 

Pooja

5 comments

Comment

Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2020
Pooja Devlal September 15, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion @Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_ , I will try this. Hope it has roadmap feature.

Tom Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020
Vladimir September 15, 2020

Actually we do not use any plugin. We just created new issue type called "Iniciative" and this iniciative has linked to one or more epics. So our entities looks like:

Iniciative -> Epics -> Stories, Tasks.

And then you can plan not a bunch of epics but the iniciative and it si siplier to business. The epics are too detailed.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2020

Since you are on Data Center I am going to assume you are on a largish instance of Jira. From what I have seen from questions on this site and talking to individuals probably the most popular apps for larger companies are BigPicture and Advanced Roadmaps. But really, you can, and should, install a trial and find out which works best for your environment.

Deleted user September 15, 2020

We're on a Cloud instance so I'm not sure if it's transferrable to Data Centre, but I would add a vote for Advanced Roadmaps (aka Plans), built into Jira.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events