Hi, I'm a Game Developer

Carl September 15, 2020

Hello Everyone,

I work for a AAA Gaming Studio called RocketWerkz as a Production Coordinator. We're based in Auckland, New Zealand and we use Jira and Confluence heavily in the development of our game.

The game we're developing is called Icarus and you can see the trailer here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1149460/Icarus/

Happy to be here! Any other Game developers lurking here?

6 comments

Comment

Jim Ryan September 15, 2020

I'm not a games developer but I did live and work in Auckland for three years doing software development and sales for a telecoms infrastructure startup. I really miss the place...haven't been back in years. I wonder if my regular pub is still there?

Like # people like this
Carl September 15, 2020

Nice one, where are you based now?

I'm sure your Pub is still here haha especially if it's popular! Change is pretty slow here, although there's lots of construction around and some new big buildings, a lot of it still feels very much the same.

Jim Ryan September 15, 2020

It was just at the end of Sale Street, at the entrance to the Vic Park market. We had a lot of 10-hour lunches there back in the day.

Just checked it out on Google Street View... apparently it's a restaurant called "dovoli" now.

I'm back in my hometown Boston (US) now after 15 years living around the world. Would love to get back to Auckers for a visit, though. 

Like Carl likes this
Carl September 15, 2020

Awesome. A 10-hour lunch sounds great!

Thanks for sharing, Auckland will welcome you back with open arms if you every decide to return.

Like Kamaya Ka likes this
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

Hi there!

I'm not really a game developer, but as a hobby and for school I had some projects related to game development. I had the pleasure to create something in VR, some mobile games and some trial and error pc projects :)

Nothing was ever meant to be published though, so not really a game developer, but really really really interested in it. Sometimes I wonder whether I should've gone for the game developer education.

The game you're currently developing looks really promising! Very interested to see how it turns out once it launches.

If you ever need help with Jira/Confluence administration, let me know! I'm an Atlassian Expert/Team Lead for Brain² and I always wondered how game developing companies use Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/Bamboo :D

Like Carl likes this
Carl September 20, 2020

Very cool, 

I think game development is a great career option these days as the industry just keep growing YOY, and it's Covid proof too ;)

I'd be happy to talk to you about any aspect to help give you a deeper understanding if you like! Feel free to email and ask any questions:

carl.leducq@rocketwerkz.com

I appreciate you offering support, will keep you in mind. Can't think of any situation to require you now, but I'd be interested in hearing more about what exact problems you could solve if we did find ourselves struggling.

All the best!

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this
Rabbit September 17, 2020

Hey There! Funny story, I used to work for an MMO studio named Icarus. And now I'm a jira admin. Go figure. These days I mostly write for TTRPGs otherwise; miss it tho. 

Your game looks cool... welcome!

Like Carl likes this
Carl September 20, 2020

Haha funny, well there's lots of opportunity going around if it is something you do want to try pursuing again. All the best!

Like Rabbit likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2020

Welcome Carl 👋

Like Carl likes this
Carl September 20, 2020

Thanks Nina! Hope to be able to learn and provide value to those around here!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Welcome to the group

Like Carl likes this
Carl October 29, 2020

Thanks Deepanshu!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
iGameHot December 24, 2020

This game is quite good, can I post on my blog iGameHot to recommend to everyone?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events