Hi! I just Jira for Project Management daily

Jamie Royce September 11, 2020

Thanks for the invite. I am a daily user of Jira and have implemented automated tasks and am always looking for ways to improve my project management skills. 

4 comments

Comment

Andrew Makar September 11, 2020

Hi @Jamie Royce Are you also using Confluence with JIRA for any PM work?

Are you looking for advice on using JIRA for sprints or the larger PM domain of status reporting, risk management, etc?

Like # people like this

I am currently using Jira Sprints. I want to expand to larger PM domain of status reporting, Gantt charts, etc. 

@Jamie Royce  Here is one article I wrote on developing a program management dashboard in Confluence.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Confluence-Tutorial-Your-First-Project-Management-Dashboard/ba-p/818105

I also put together a demo video on how to apply Confluence and Jira for Project Management.  It includes 6 different techniques.

https://youtu.be/1bjcVyD_nek

I do a lot with Confluence and JIRA for PM techniques, requirements, etc
Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Andy

Like Jamie Royce likes this

Andy, that looks awesome. 

I'm not currently using Confluence. Just Jira. Haven't seen a need for it yet. Does your solution have a module that is just Jira specific? 

For Jira, I haven't written anything specific but I've built an entire project portfolio management system using JIRA issue types (highly customized) and then integrated with Confluence for additional reporting.

In JIRA, if you create risk, issues or even project custom issue types, you can manage them as records and easily build dashboards and integrate BI tools on top.

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 11, 2020

Welcome, @Jamie Royce ! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Hello and Welcome, Jamie!

We are glad you are here!!

Welcome.jpg

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Welcome to the group @Jamie Royce!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events