Hello from Buda, TX!

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

HI All - I'm Michael from Buda, TX (right on the Austin city limits).  I've been an Atlassian fanboy for 7+ years starting out as an admin, doing some consulting, and now I'm product manager for the Bob Swift Atlassian CLI  at Appfire #dreamjob.

When I need a break I step outside my back door and tend to my vegetable garden.  Fresh air, fertile soil, and fresh vegetables are good for the soul.

1BAE106A-CD27-4F08-B198-AA9ED5851194_1_105_c.jpeg

No matter what I'm doing my 2nd best girl (after my wife) Bailey is hanging out with me (in this picture in my home office).

E221A704-2316-4629-B652-F92D18913951_1_105_c.jpeg

And here's my first girl and me at Ramsau am Dachstein in Austria:

D124F846-9EC7-4335-934A-924C241CBB01_1_105_c.jpeg

2 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 20, 2020

Nice to meet you, Michael! If your Answers are as amazing as your intro post, we're in business ;). Thanks for sharing pics of your veggie garden + #1/2 girls and for being part of this group. Chat soon!

Bridget

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2020

Hello fellow Texan!

I'm down in SA over near SeaWorld. 

How do you get cabbage to grow?  I tried once and they were eaten beyond saving by some kind of caterpillar or worm.  Is it bc you plant them near onions?  Onions do keep away some pests.

And is that little fence to keep your 2nd best girl out?  My two have eaten tomatoes and watermelon (including the rind).  My little one thought it was his personal salad bar.  He loves tomatoes!  Now, I keep the garden out of reach.  Lesson learned.

It's already been 87 down here, so stay cool up there!

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2020

Hi WW - I'm not sure if I've ever tried Cabbage.  What you see in the pic are Brussel Sprouts.  I've been fortunate when it comes to pests in general.  Only vine borers going after my Squash.

Yup, that is exactly what that fence is for.  Fertile soil smells great to dogs and demands to be dug!

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2020

Ah!  They look a lot like cabbages. :)

The dreaded cucurbit worm won't let me grow anything with a vine. :(

Well, good luck to you in your summer harvest if you brave the heat!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events