Export Board to Excel

Oscar Baeza November 30, 2020

Hi, i am new to Atlassian and i have been requested to create an excel spreadsheet with the current JIRA board we have.  not all of our users have access to the interactive board and i need to create a spreadsheet of that same board.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

4 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Oscar Baeza ,

I would suggest you to go to Issue Navigator screen in Jira and use the board JQL filter query to search and return all board issues on that screen. Then you can export your search result as a CSV file from the 'Export' menu on the top right.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

Like # people like this

Thank you.  I did find these instructions online.  However, from the Issue Navigator, i have not found the "export" button.  Thus, i do not know if our screens show the same thing, and if not, why not.   This disconnect has led me here.

Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

@Oscar Baeza In the issue navigator, select Advanced Search (to the right on the screen), you should then see the export options.

Like Oscar Baeza likes this
Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2020

@Oscar Baeza I agreed with @Taranjeet Singh, you would need to go to the Go to Filters \ Advanced issue search.

It would be helpful to understand the following:

1. Are you using Cloud or Server/Data Center?

2. If Cloud, NextGen or Classic?

Geoff,

Cloud and Next Gen.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2020

@Oscar Baeza 

There should  be options on the upper top right to help export.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 1.52.18 PM.png

Paul Wright December 1, 2020

I agree.  Export from an issue filter is easiest, as CSV is an option.  

You can export all fields, or those in the view (recommend that latter, not the former) and select CSV.

There is a default limit of 1,000 rows, but this can be changed in the config files if you wish (but do so with caution as too many rows being exported can slow the user experience).

We also tried Jexcel (a paid for Add On), which provided some useful functionality, but it was more than we needed so we stopped using it, however it's good to know there are some options out there.

Oscar Baeza December 1, 2020

Issue resolved.  Thank you all.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events