Are there data available on Jira dashboard and filter use

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

My co-admin brought up an interesting question. Are there analytics data points (or will there be) about dashboard (Jira, not analytics) and filter use? One thing we struggle with is a ton of abandoned dashboards and filters, and it would be really great if we could run queries on them.

Things we'd specifically be interested in being able to figure out from analytics:

• The last date a dashboard or filter was viewed
  • The number of views a dashboard or filter has had in the last x days/weeks/months
  • Which filters are being used in which dashboards

1 answer

0 votes
Skyler Ataide
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi Esther! 

Thank you for the feedback. At this time, there is not any Jira reporting data in the Data Lake. More on the current schema for the Jira family of products can be found in our EAP documentation here: https://analytics-docs.atlassian.net/l/c/his0kwms 

In Atlassian Analytics, however, you do get the options to sort all dashboards by either total view count or by date of last view date. This can be done from the Dashboards homepage by switching to list view: 

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 10.28.36 AM.png

Further analytics data points about dashboard and filter use currently do not exist, though I will be happy to raise this request based on the use case you've described. 

Best regards,

Skyler

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Thanks, Skyler, but those are Analytics dashboards. We are looking for info on Jira dashboards - i.e. the ones created by users in Jira itself and accessible via https://<mysite>.atlassian.net/jira/dashboards, not the Analyics product. 

I know the data lake was designed to provide info to end users, but there's real potential to help admins as well if we can get access to metadata like filter use.

Like Skyler Ataide likes this
Ben Jackson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2022

Hi @Esther Strom we wanting to add usage data into the lake in time yes. Intially we were looking at the data that powers Admin hub around product usage and login information but we'll have a look at product specific usage like ticket views, filter usage etc and come back to you.

Like Esther Strom likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events